• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any use in having a C&R FFL anymore?

brittthomas

Default rank <1000 posts
Okefenokee swamp creature
27   0
Reaction score
It's been a few years since mine expired. Was thinking of getting it again until I started looking at the websites I use to frequent when I had it.

80% of them are gone and the ones that are still around are doing modern guns now instead.

I assume you can still get a discount from Brownells with it. Is the C&R market finally drying up?

Just about anything I've purchased in the last 10 years as been a C&R, and not just old military stuff. My last couple purchases were 2 very nice Winchester 52's Sporting rifles. Remember, once a firearm is 50 years old, it is a C&R. The biggest aggravation is dealing with some dealers or shops that will not accept a C&R license. Their loss. So, yes, it is worthwhile to me.

Winchester Model 52 Pre A Sporting Rifle - C&R
ElqDFmO.jpg

Art

Just about anything I've purchased in the last 10 years as been a C&R, and not just old military stuff. My last couple purchases were 2 very nice Winchester 52's Sporting rifles. Remember, once a firearm is 50 years old, it is a C&R. The biggest aggravation is dealing with some dealers or shops that will not accept a C&R license. Their loss. So, yes, it is worthwhile to me.

Winchester Model 52 Pre A Sporting Rifle - C&R
ElqDFmO.jpg

Art

I believe it’s still pretty handy because the better milsurp selection and pricing over the last couple of years have been from out of state

(except one certain m-22 :) )

Reactions: A34
It can be useful. I've used it for a lot of old pistols and shotguns. I'm not much of a MilSurp person, but there's lots of cool civilian guns that are C&R and take 'normal' ammo.

Reactions: A34
Back
Top Bottom