• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any tips on cleaning your can

For any can with aluminum components, acetone and a stiff bristle plastic brush will do as good a job as anything and keep from damaging the aluminum and/or the anodize finish. I have blasted anodized 7075 baffles with 120 grit aluminum oxide at low psi to remove lead and crud, but you really have to pay attention. You can get more aggressive with an all stainless can, with blasting and pin tumbling being good, safe solutions. For all welded or sealed cans, clean what you can reach with a brush and solvent, and soak and flush what you can't. Ultrasonic cleaners are good for non-aluminum-sealed can cleaning, but I have seen them strip poorly applied paint. I know a lot of folks use the dip for stainless cans, but it's not something I recommend because of the toxic sludge you wind up with that can make you seriously ill, and is nigh on impossible to dispose of properly. Always be aware that most of the crap that gets caught in your can is nothing you want inside you. There is also a growing number of suppressor friendly ammunition choices that feature sealed projectiles and different primer formulations to minimize lead deposits.

SilentMike

You need to coat your baffles or core, and you'll never have to do any serious cleaning or scrubbing. I use Bore Butter, and I have 15 year old aluminum baffles that don't have any build up.

Back
Top Bottom