• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Supra owners?

JHunter14

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
6   0
Reaction score
I'll be making another purchase later this year (in the Aug to Oct range) and have several candidates in mind, both cars and trucks - one being a 2021 Supra. But I hear the BMW B58 in the 2021's is consuming insane amounts of oil. Any input?

A lot of new vehicles consume lots of oil. How much is too much, though? They’re running 0w and have high compression. It’s the nature of the beast. First couple times I pulled a dry dip stick out of my wife’s Mazda got me on a more strict routine of checking it. I add about a quart halfway through her OCI which means it consumes ~ 2 quarts in ~ 7500 miles (it holds 5 quarts)

Lucus oil treatment. Cuts down on lose. 0-5w is hard to see on dip sticks. Anything under 10w is a blend/synthetic so adding lucus helps thicken it up and lubes, seals better. I use it every oil change. Car is at 347k. Speaks for itself.

Lucus oil treatment. Cuts down on lose. 0-5w is hard to see on dip sticks. Anything under 10w is a blend/synthetic so adding lucus helps thicken it up and lubes, seals better. I use it every oil change. Car is at 347k. Speaks for itself.
You have over 300,000 miles on a 2021 sheesh you do some driving

Lucas also thickens the oil which some cam phasers will go nuts and cause timing issues and check engine lights

also the MDS that is on a lot vehicles today will have issues with thicker oil or thickening (adding Lucas )

Older vehicles 95 older sure but new engines tread lightly

But yes all new engines will burn like said above
From hellcats to renagades to hemi
To Chevy equinox to Honda accords
Down to Cummins and power strokes

new engines all are saying burning oil is normal
I call BS on this

Dodge fiat engines the 2.4 multiair engines will burn all its oil and when you turn engine shuts off
At this point engine is toast

they try to blame customers for not checking oil everytime they fill up gas
Wtf

Back
Top Bottom