• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any small appliance guys on here? 5yr old Maytag oven problem. Black and melted connector to lower element.

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
The lower heating element in our stove went out so I bought a new element. I took it all apart and when I removed the back cover I found what is pictured. Bottom photo shows normal connector. The other blackened wire photo shows connector melted off. Top photo is pin of heating element where melted connector should have been. What would cause this? Should I just replace the connector with a new one and screw it all back together?

left element connector.jpg
left wire to element.jpg
right wire to element.jpg

From the looks of it I would say you probably had a loose connection that led to a little arcing and sparking causing it to overheat and destroy the connection. Best bet is to replace the element along with the new wire.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Yes.. and make sure the spade (actually called a quick-slide) connector on the replacement wire is rated for High Temp.... (i.e., don't just put some aluminum slide connector on it.) High Temp ones are usually made from steel.... should also be good, tight fit.

Back
Top Bottom