• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any serious shark guys on here??

We went to Savannah GA. On year on vacation. My wife was working at the convention center beside the Hotel we stayed at. We went and bought some cheap fishing gear we fished off the bridge because there was a massive crock trolling his turf or surf. LOL Anyway we started fishing and we must have caught it just right as the sea trout were running. I don't think we caught a fish under 18 inches. One right after another. The fun part was seeing if we could get the fish in before the crock got him. It had to be a crock because it was heavy brackish waters. I would like to say we got then all in but the old lizard was slick. He relieved us of probably 6 fish. That sucker hit that fish with such force it damn near jerked the rod out of our hands. Boys it just doesn't get any better than that.

Jykell Island, to the right of the fishing pier on Driftwood Beach. Use a kayak to get your bait about 300yds out and use a 1/2 Bonita for bait. The bait shop sells the Bonita. Plenty of big bull sharks and an occasional tiger caught. Have to fish at dusk or dark and prefer the outgoing tide.

Jykell Island, to the right of the fishing pier on Driftwood Beach. Use a kayak to get your bait about 300yds out and use a 1/2 Bonita for bait. The bait shop sells the Bonita. Plenty of big bull sharks and an occasional tiger caught. Have to fish at dusk or dark and prefer the outgoing tide.
This is exactly what I’m looking for. I’m investing a lot of coin in gear, an Aquacat to drop bait, etc. Excited about planning a trip soon! Much appreciated!

This is exactly what I’m looking for. I’m investing a lot of coin in gear, an Aquacat to drop bait, etc. Excited about planning a trip soon! Much appreciated!
I'll second the Jekyll Island vote. I was down there in June on Driftwood Beach at the point where there's a rock formation that juts up to the sea wall where the paved walking path is. There was a guy there pulling two and three feet sharks out of the water routinely. Then we saw a bigger one - maybe five feet - patroling around about 20' off the beach. We did not get in the water that day. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom