• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any serious shark guys on here??

Emmersom Biggens

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
145   0
Reaction score
I’m a wanna be shark fisherman! I’ve caught some black tips and spinners up to 5’ off the beach in PCB along the way, but I have a real interest in trying my hand at hooking up with something bigger. I’d prefer fish off the beach. I’m planning on going to the Ga coast since it’s obviously closer or maybe S.Carolina depending on what intel I get. I am planning on investing in good gear, whatever I need to get started. Anybody got any pointers of what to do, what not to do on gear, where to go, etc. I’ve got lots of questions! Thanks in advance!

You can catch big ones off the beach but the largest ones I've caught (10-12'w) about five miles offshore. Cast net as many pogies as you can. Grind up a bunch for fresh chum and fish the live ones. Some on the bottom and some live-lined. Fish in 20 feet of water or less

Think about fishing from bridges. I've never been into shark fishing, but I've seen several big boys caught from bridges that have been converted for fishing. Heavy stand up gear, big baits and chum.

When selecting a bridge, keep in mind that you will need to be able to walk the fish to the shore to land it. Most of the time that takes two people.

Back
Top Bottom