• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Ruger Mini 30 guys out there ? What should I be looking for ?

Good points. Can you imagine how many more Mini rifles Ruger may have sold if they took standard AR and AK mags?
The rifles used to be fun to plink with, bug Mag costs are Stoopid so I ditched mine years ago.
Thing is, though, I think ole Bill didn't want them to take AR and AK mags. He never believed people needed those kind of rifles to begin with....which is why Ruger never made one until after he died. But yeah, they'd probably have sold a lot more.

Last time I had one, which admittedly was a long time ago, mags were running $30 a piece. Screw that noise.

Bill Ruger was a traditional rifleman. He thought that a rifle was a long gun with a wooden stock. Also hence why the AC-556 machine gun was marketed towards military and law enforcement. To echo this point.

Thing is, though, I think ole Bill didn't want them to take AR and AK mags. He never believed people needed those kind of rifles to begin with....which is why Ruger never made one until after he died. But yeah, they'd probably have sold a lot more.

Last time I had one, which admittedly was a long time ago, mags were running $30 a piece. Screw that noise.

I bought one from a deer hunter. It had a wood stock and stainless steel barrel. I wish I had bought one with the black steel barrel as I found out at the range that if you shot more than 10 rounds of 7.62 x39, the barrel would flex as it got hot. After that, I sold it and was determined to only buy mil-spec rifles.

The more posts I read it seems like the Ruger Ranch bolt action I bought may be the only 7.62 x 39 I need for what I plan to use the caliber for. I probably should look into buying a suppressor for it instead of getting a Mini -30........Thank you all for your input and opinions.

The more posts I read it seems like the Ruger Ranch bolt action I bought may be the only 7.62 x 39 I need for what I plan to use the caliber for. I probably should look into buying a suppressor for it instead of getting a Mini -30........Thank you all for your input and opinions.
Or buy an AK so you can freely modify the platform.

I want to say around 2005-7 I was involved with desinging CNC fixtures and gages for this line. More consistent manufacturing and I'm told better shooters. Pre 2000 is a crapshoot on accuracy. I also had the pleasure of working with the guy that desinged it, Roy Melcher.

Back
Top Bottom