• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any recourse on a speeding ticket?

So I’ll be that guy. I can’t tell you how many times I heard that excuse. The laws don’t change because you have an emergency and feel you are no longer required to follow the law because you are special. You broke the law. Yes they are only there to generate revenue not for “safety” like it’s supposed to be. Still, you could go to court and fight it but it could backfire. I had a Anastasia kid challenge one of my tickets once on the visibility (500 ft) part. Admission of guilt but because he felt he could find a loophole the judge called a recess had me take him out to the spot and started walking with my traffic wheel. Came back and gave the kid a weekend in jail and a $999 fine instead of the $125 fine originally. It’s a scam but it’s the law. Do what you are supposed to then take your punishment when you get caught
extra punishment for having the gall to ask the officer and prosecutor to prove their criminal charges?

extra punishment for having the gall to ask the officer and prosecutor to prove their criminal charges?
No, as with most things in life your attitude has a lot to do with the outcome of circumstances. Cops can’t hide behind stuff. There’s a list of rules and most people just don’t care enough to even try to follow the simple things like speed limits. Cops don’t have to get sneaky or hide or use unmarked cars or any of the things that the people who get tickets cru about. Just like everyone knows a guy who’s brother’s cousin got a ticket for 3 over. No, no you don’t. Ga law says with very very very few exceptions you must allow 10 mph before a ticket. But that’s still not enough. Which leads us back to the original point. Either do what you are supposed to or don’t but don’t cry when you get in trouble. Sounds like a lot of guys who identify with the antifa crowd in here.

• Haha
Reactions: GFB
No, as with most things in life your attitude has a lot to do with the outcome of circumstances. Cops can’t hide behind stuff. There’s a list of rules and most people just don’t care enough to even try to follow the simple things like speed limits. Cops don’t have to get sneaky or hide or use unmarked cars or any of the things that the people who get tickets cru about. Just like everyone knows a guy who’s brother’s cousin got a ticket for 3 over. No, no you don’t. Ga law says with very very very few exceptions you must allow 10 mph before a ticket. But that’s still not enough. Which leads us back to the original point. Either do what you are supposed to or don’t but don’t cry when you get in trouble. Sounds like a lot of guys who identify with the antifa crowd in here.
And you know WHY the state doesn’t allow cops to write for less than 10 over ?

because so many cops and cities were so crooked .
that’s why

Back to the post I referred to :

how did the ticket fine get bumped fro $125 to $900 ?

because the driver dared to ask the government accusing him of a crime , to prove their case .
The govt got angry and jacked the fine Up to teach the driver a lesson that asking the govt to prove their case , will not be tolerated and won’t go unpunished .

that’s why

because the driver dared to ask the government accusing him of a crime , to prove their case .
The govt got angry and jacked the fine Up to teach the driver a lesson that asking the govt to prove their case , will not be tolerated and won’t go unpunished .
Seems legit.
Lesson here, pay the fine, quit before you get really fudged.

that’s why

So what you took away from that was that by questioning he received extra not for wasting the courts time but for ego purposes. I’m sure you are “ that” guy on the side of the road. Judges could just throw any charge out they want but then everyone starts with the liberal this liberal that. I noticed in my time on the road with almost everything especially traffic, everyone wants the laws enforced until they get enforced on them.

I have. One local lawyer subpoenaed the cameras.

I'm all for obeying the laws, blah, blah, blah, blah. Pat me on the back and give me a cookie.

But the truth is, these cameras have nothing to do with safety and everything to do with revenue generation. That's why it's a "civil" matter - your "ticket" is actually a bill from a private company. That way the local government can slide by under the "preponderance of evidence" standard, rather than "beyond a reasonably doubt" standard that applies to criminal matters. The company handles all the paperwork.

Anyway, there are some locals that routinely challenge these "tickets". The main barrier is that the government uses threats and intimidation to coerce you into paying the fine, and is takes a special kind of pizzant to jump through all the hoops to contest one of these, and most people don't want to put in the time and effort.

Supposedly a police officer reviews the photos before the company sends you a bill, but a local attorney proved that wasn't happening, and in many case couldn't happen because of the placement of the tag. So everyone involved was basically lying about what was happening, but all that happened was a collective shrug of the shoulders and a promise not to do it any more.

I actually live next to a school zone. There are actually 2 school in that zone, one public, one private, Been here nearly 30 years, The schools are on a main feeder street in Clarke County with a 40 MPH speed limit outside the school zone. In the near 30 years I've lived right next to the school zone, there have been exactly ZERO accidents. Yet, the school zone got one of the rip-off cameras "to increase the safety of the school zone" and of course "it's for the children".

No one does anything about the REAL safety issue created by the mommies who block a 1/4 mile of this major feeder road while waiting to pick up their little dears. Forcing anyone who has to go somewhere in a timely manner to make an illegal pass on a double line in a school zone.
I don't seem to recall traffic jams due to cars going in and out of schools when I was a kid. Maybe a higher percentage of folks either road the bus, walked, or road bikes back then. Or maybe I'm misremembering.

Speaking of speeding,very rarely will you see an off duty cop not speeding.Thats a fact.

So what you took away from that was that by questioning he received extra not for wasting the courts time but for ego purposes. I’m sure you are “ that” guy on the side of the road. Judges could just throw any charge out they want but then everyone starts with the liberal this liberal that. I noticed in my time on the road with almost everything especially traffic, everyone wants the laws enforced until they get enforced on them.
I’m a grey ghost on the side of the road.
My goal is to be as Un rememberable as possible to the revenue collection officer.

that way when my lawyer handles it , the cop will hopefully have to look in his notebook that he claims he doesn’t keep , to remember me .

The lesson is ; plead guilty and pay $125
Or ask that the cop and prosecutor prove that you committed the crime they have accused you of , and wham-o !

you will be punished for daring to have the gall to ask them to prove you committed the crime they accused you of .

pay up and shut up , or else we will make you you dared to question my
author-a-tay

remember when the city of Pine Lake was
Writing tickets all day and all night on the 1/4 mile stretch of four lane that ran through their “city “

and some guy stood out in front of their court with a sign suggesting the victims have their case bound over to state court , so the crooked cop and crooked prosecutors and crooked judges would be replaced by state employees and if you were found guilty the state would get the fine , not the city of Pine Lake.

And the crooked cops arrested him for dispensing legal advice without be a licensed attorney?

wonder why they did that ?
Cause he was cutting into their cash cow, that’s why.

If you get pulled for a traffic ticket , be polite , be unrememberable , be a ghost.

Back
Top Bottom