• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any recourse on a speeding ticket?

It’s not as funny for those of us that deal with the carnage of idiots on the roadway. If you want no laws or accountability may I suggest moving to California.
It's Somalia.

Screenshot_20211104-132420-146.png

So what's your great plan to fight back against speeding ticket cameras in school zones ?
My beef is bigger than the school zone cameras as that by itself is not a huge deal. I guess I just happened to get set off by this post. I am very anti government.

Taken by a camera in a school zone doing 23 over due to an emergency. Never received a ticket by mail from a camera. Still trying to figure out why this is discounted at only $80 compared to some for $200 I received years ago for a lesser offense. So is there any recourse against the kings ransom? How about keeping it off my record? And is there a map somewhere showing where these revenue generating cameras are located?
If you have the money hire an Attorney. If not it’s best to pay it and t
Taken by a camera in a school zone doing 23 over due to an emergency. Never received a ticket by mail from a camera. Still trying to figure out why this is discounted at only $80 compared to some for $200 I received years ago for a lesser offense. So is there any recourse against the kings ransom? How about keeping it off my record? And is there a map somewhere showing where these revenue generating cameras are located?
Attorney, if you can afford one. If not, prob best to pay it and/or beg for mercy at court. I think in Georgia you have to wait 5 years to qualify to reduce points with a Driver Improvement course. If it’s over 15 MPH you will get points.

Step up and toss that junk mail in the garbage and move on :rolleyes:
(in case ya cant tell, my post is pure sarcasm and parody driven….do NOT heed my advice)
(in case ya cant tell, the above post IS the one thats pure sarcasm….. LMAO !! )

it's civil, not criminal and doesn't go on your record. I have yet to see anyone successfully fight the school zone camera tickets.

I have. One local lawyer subpoenaed the cameras.

I'm all for obeying the laws, blah, blah, blah, blah. Pat me on the back and give me a cookie.

But the truth is, these cameras have nothing to do with safety and everything to do with revenue generation. That's why it's a "civil" matter - your "ticket" is actually a bill from a private company. That way the local government can slide by under the "preponderance of evidence" standard, rather than "beyond a reasonably doubt" standard that applies to criminal matters. The company handles all the paperwork.

Anyway, there are some locals that routinely challenge these "tickets". The main barrier is that the government uses threats and intimidation to coerce you into paying the fine, and is takes a special kind of pizzant to jump through all the hoops to contest one of these, and most people don't want to put in the time and effort.

Supposedly a police officer reviews the photos before the company sends you a bill, but a local attorney proved that wasn't happening, and in many case couldn't happen because of the placement of the tag. So everyone involved was basically lying about what was happening, but all that happened was a collective shrug of the shoulders and a promise not to do it any more.

I actually live next to a school zone. There are actually 2 school in that zone, one public, one private, Been here nearly 30 years, The schools are on a main feeder street in Clarke County with a 40 MPH speed limit outside the school zone. In the near 30 years I've lived right next to the school zone, there have been exactly ZERO accidents. Yet, the school zone got one of the rip-off cameras "to increase the safety of the school zone" and of course "it's for the children".

No one does anything about the REAL safety issue created by the mommies who block a 1/4 mile of this major feeder road while waiting to pick up their little dears. Forcing anyone who has to go somewhere in a timely manner to make an illegal pass on a double line in a school zone.

Back
Top Bottom