• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any recourse on a speeding ticket?

What happens if you dont pay?

Honestly if it is civil not sure they can put a lien on your tag... and if so wait and see if they can enforce it..well.. because its civil..

How can they make you pay a fine if they can't ID you in the photo? "Yeah, it appears to be a vehicle I own, but you can't prove who was driving, and that's who violated the law and who should be fined.

I fought a stoplight ticket like this in Snellville a few years ago. I said If you got a picture of me driving thru the red light prove it, otherwise leave me alone. They left me alone.
Because as discussed already it’s a civil fine associated with the vehicle and its registration. Not a criminal charge issued against one particular driver.

These threads are always interesting because there’s a handful of people that would rather blame the government than take responsibility for their actions. That’s part of the problem with our society. If you don’t want a ticket then don’t speed, run red lights, overtake school buses etc. We’ve all done it and most of us have all received citations and had to pay them.

How can they make you pay a fine if they can't ID you in the photo? "Yeah, it appears to be a vehicle I own, but you can't prove who was driving, and that's who violated the law and who should be fined.

I fought a stoplight ticket like this in Snellville a few years ago. I said If you got a picture of me driving thru the red light prove it, otherwise leave me alone. They left me alone.
The law is written to hold the property owner responsible- that's standard protocol for many laws in this state especially environmental laws which carry steep civil penalties.

I got a ticket from a Chicago suburb once...passing thru a red light.
I was in Kennestone hospital at that time.
Growing up in downstate Illinois during the Mayor Daley years this was standard practice to "shake down" the downstaters for fine revenue. Send $50 parking tickets to people who hadn't been in the city for years or forever. Daley had a "mole" inside the Secretary of State's office who provided license and name/address info so Chicago could mail the tickets out.

Why are all of you so righteous about the laws? Dems haven’t been enforcing them since Biden took office. I didn’t realize laws were even meant to be enforced any longer.
Pretty sure most people aren’t complaining cause he broke a law, but rather cause he was going 23over in a school zone. Some Laws are needed cause we lack common sense/courtesy.

Because as discussed already it’s a civil fine associated with the vehicle and its registration. Not a criminal charge issued against one particular driver.

These threads are always interesting because there’s a handful of people that would rather blame the government than take responsibility for their actions. That’s part of the problem with our society. If you don’t want a ticket then don’t speed, run red lights, overtake school buses etc. We’ve all done it and most of us have all received citations and had to pay them.
Amen brother.

Back
Top Bottom