• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any recourse on a speeding ticket?

Fight it. Ask the cop did he witness the violation? Ask is the car parked or moving. who was driving? Ask the cop did he commit perjury by signing the ticket to something he did not witness….. Not legal advise but if you can show no one who witnessed the violation is present to testify….

Fight it. Ask the cop did he witness the violation? Ask is the car parked or moving. who was driving? Ask the cop did he commit perjury by signing the ticket to something he did not witness….. Not legal advise but if you can show no one who witnessed the violation is present to testify….
I thought OP said a camera caught the violation. No cop involved. Thanks.

Civil not criminal. They don’t have to prove crap in a civil case.

OCGA

If you want to do some boring reading on it you can check out the above link. I’m not overly familiar with the speed cameras as our jurisdiction doesn’t have them. But skimming through that it’s basically a civil fine that, if not paid, gets sent to the tag office and the owner of the vehicle will be unable to renew their registration until it is resolved.

One of my best friends got one this week in the mail. His hardcore liberal sister in law was driving his vehicle at the time. He played it on the television for the whole family when they came over for dinner. She asked him why he was driving like that in a school zone and he said “I wasn’t, it was you” and handed her the citation to pay. Lol.

How can they make you pay a fine if they can't ID you in the photo? "Yeah, it appears to be a vehicle I own, but you can't prove who was driving, and that's who violated the law and who should be fined.

I fought a stoplight ticket like this in Snellville a few years ago. I said If you got a picture of me driving thru the red light prove it, otherwise leave me alone. They left me alone.

Taken by a camera in a school zone doing 23 over due to an emergency.

YOU admit you broke the law but are unwilling to be responsible for your actions. You did the crime, now do the time. No wonder todays youth does not want to accept any responsibly for their actions, this is what you are teaching them.

Back
Top Bottom