• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any recourse on a speeding ticket?

Highway 78 in Grayson? If it’s there, they’ll nail you.
East Lake in Mcdonough
$80 is cheap for a super speeder ticks, pay it and feel blessed.
This wasnt a super speeder.
"And is there a map somewhere showing where these revenue generating cameras are located?"

Just in case you have another emergency of course :rolleyes2:.
No. Just in case I drive through at all. If I'm going to be spied on, Id like to know where.

So I’ll be that guy. I can’t tell you how many times I heard that excuse. The laws don’t change because you have an emergency and feel you are no longer required to follow the law because you are special. You broke the law. Yes they are only there to generate revenue not for “safety” like it’s supposed to be. Still, you could go to court and fight it but it could backfire. I had a Anastasia kid challenge one of my tickets once on the visibility (500 ft) part. Admission of guilt but because he felt he could find a loophole the judge called a recess had me take him out to the spot and started walking with my traffic wheel. Came back and gave the kid a weekend in jail and a $999 fine instead of the $125 fine originally. It’s a scam but it’s the law. Do what you are supposed to then take your punishment when you get caught

$80 seems like a bargain. I’d pay it and be happy.
My wife got tagged by a school bus camera (had her head up her ass and sailed by just as the lights went to red).
That was $250 down the drain.

Taken by a camera in a school zone doing 23 over due to an emergency. Never received a ticket by mail from a camera. Still trying to figure out why this is discounted at only $80 compared to some for $200 I received years ago for a lesser offense. So is there any recourse against the kings ransom? How about keeping it off my record? And is there a map somewhere showing where these revenue generating cameras are located?
Go straight to the losers lounge.

So I’ll be that guy. I can’t tell you how many times I heard that excuse. The laws don’t change because you have an emergency and feel you are no longer required to follow the law because you are special. You broke the law. Yes they are only there to generate revenue not for “safety” like it’s supposed to be. Still, you could go to court and fight it but it could backfire. I had a Anastasia kid challenge one of my tickets once on the visibility (500 ft) part. Admission of guilt but because he felt he could find a loophole the judge called a recess had me take him out to the spot and started walking with my traffic wheel. Came back and gave the kid a weekend in jail and a $999 fine instead of the $125 fine originally. It’s a scam but it’s the law. Do what you are supposed to then take your punishment when you get caught
I'm not expecting any accommodation based on my circumstance. I'm only asking because I've never received a ticket via mail conducted by a camera. I'll pay the ransom, no problem. I was mainly concerned with it going on my record.
So, if you know where the cameras are, will you slow down in future emergencies?
Depends on the emergency and how I'm feeling emotionally at that moment.

Back
Top Bottom