Any Police officers members here?

I am still an LEO, but it has been so long since I went through the application process not sure I will be much help. If Ghost941 isn't able answer all your questions gimme a hollar and I will se what I can help with.

I sat on several promotion and hiring boards prior to going to the private sector. 10 years law enforcement here, PM if I can help.

Different depts. have different requirements.
Contact the ones you are interested in and ask for requirements, testing schedule, and application packet.
Call the NON emergency/administration number and tell whomever answers that you wish to speak to someone in administration that can give you the most current employment information...depending on the size of the dept, you may end up with, the personnel officer, human resources officer, recruiting officer...the titles will differ between depts.
Many things vary between depts including test score requirements.ie. the passing score may be 70 but the dept may fill its vacancies with those who score much higher first..passing score may be 70 but it may take a 95+ to actually get the job.
You may test thru a merit system or civil service system but in the end the dept. will be the final decision maker and internal guidelines will prevail.
Hope this helps you.

Back
Top Bottom