• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any plumbers that can solve a mystery?

Probably isn’t a vent stack but it couldn’t hurt to check to be sure you don’t have some dirt dobbers or a birds nest

Is the noise coming from the wall or the toilet itself ?

Does the noise stopped after the toilet reservoir downstairs refills ?

If so my guess would be the fill valve is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced

If the problem is just from one fixture, it may be a loose washer on the fixture that causes the sound. It is not a waste and vent problem!

IF that was the case it would be happening all over the house no matter what fixture they used.
I would check the pressure though because I’m sure the basement water is caught before the upstairs. He said when he runs something upstairs it stops because it reduces the whole house pressure. It’s really hard to tell without being there though.

Try opening all of the shut off valves all the way open. I had a similar issue in my hall bath late one night/ early one morning I was awoken to what sounded like my house falling down. The whole house was shaking and the noise was like a tornado . It ended up being the valve wasn’t opened up all the way and only happened when the toilet was filling

Back
Top Bottom