• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

any plumbers on here?

ok so the 4in drain pipe that leads to my septic tank is repeatedly getting clogged this weak.
this has happened several times over the last 5 yrs.
funny thing, its always in the colder months.
as my notes show the last two times have been in the same month, same week, 3 days apart. lol
im not understanding why it seems only to happen in the cold weather and not in the warmer months.
i dont know whats causing the clog. i just slide the garden hose down the pipe, pack some towels around the pipe and blast about 90 gallons down and the clog frees up it seems.

ok so the 4in drain pipe that leads to my septic tank is repeatedly getting clogged this weak.
as my notes show the last two times have been in the same month, same week, 3 days apart. lol
im not understanding why it seems only to happen in the cold weather and not in the warmer months.
i dont know whats causing the clog. i just slide the garden hose down the pipe, pack some towels around the pipe and blast about 90 gallons down and the clog frees up it seems.

pipe leading to it could not be buried deep enough and getting frozen/slushed up on these cold mornings.

Pretty sure it’s going to take a Plummer to answer your question :becky:

pipe leading to it could not be buried deep enough and getting frozen/slushed up on these cold mornings.

generally happens early evenings. the pipe leading to it comes from the house.
after the pipe comes the septic tank. but, we havent really had sub freezing temps yet
and the ground would insolate the pipe to a degree. not much but anything helps.

Back
Top Bottom