• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any pipe smokers here? Just started

CostaRicaBound

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
Got an awesome gift from my wife and daughter for Fathers Day...a beautiful Italian made smoking pipe! I've been wanting to start this for years and this was my lucky day! Will welcome any tips from you guys who've been puffing at these for a while.
IMG_5191.jpg

Nice FD gift indeed, that is a nice one.
I Smoked one for 15 years, till a co worker came running up to me one morning as their shifts started, he was crying, and babbling about the dream he'd had, it was of me at the funeral home in a casket, and the pipe had caused cancer, and my death, in his dream. I was near the shipping dock, smoking my pipe till he told me that, immediately I ran to the edge of the dock and threw it as far as I could into a desolate area. Been quit now 20+ years, but the urge of the flavor still hankers.

I Smoked one for 15 years, till a co worker came running up to me one morning as their shifts started, he was crying, and babbling about the dream he'd had, it was of me at the funeral home in a casket, and the pipe had caused cancer, and my death, in his dream. I was near the shipping dock, smoking my pipe till he told me that, immediately I ran to the edge of the dock and threw it as far as I could into a desolate area. Been quit now 20+ years, but the urge of the flavor still hankers.
Debbie Downer

Smoked one for years and had one of the premier collections of high end Danish pipes in the country for a while. I still have a few and enough pipe tobacco to last a lifetime at the rate I smoke. Enjoyable hobby for sure. If you're like most, you'll start out with highly flavored aromatic tobaccos and then migrate to more natural tobaccos over time.

There are some good FB groups and youtube channels dedicated to pipes and pipe tobacco that you might enjoy. If you Google "how to load a pipe" or "the Frank method" you'll get some tips on how to load it to best keep it lit. It takes patience and you're likely to get a toasted tongue (aka tongue bite) until you get the hang of it. You may want to get a bottle of Biotene mouthwash as it will help.

flavored no nic vape?

Back
Top Bottom