• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Palmetto KS-47 owners on here?

I have an upper I'm thinking about selling or trading if you're interested, with maybe 4-5 mags to go with it. I just don't shoot it, maybe put like 5 or 10 mags through it. It's ran reliably with no problems. The only weak link I've found is the mags, if you don't load them to full capacity they run great. I would load like 20 rounds in each one and that solved the issue. There's probably better mags out now but I've this since they first came out.https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...length-7-62x39-classic-upper-with-bcg-ch.html
You have just the upper that you shoot? Does it fit and work on a regular ar lower? Serious question, very interested in answer. Thanks

T
Yeah it fits onto a regular AR lower. I got it to eat some ammo that I had sitting around then I ended up never taking to the range.
That’s cool, I didn’t know that would work. Is your upper a gen1 or 2? The gen2 has over insertion tabs and I’m just wondering if those would get in the way. Thanks

T

That’s cool, I didn’t know that would work. Is your upper a gen1 or 2? The gen2 has over insertion tabs and I’m just wondering if those would get in the way. Thanks
Gen 2 also have better feed ramp. I'd say the tabs are "necessary" as people were adding "screws" on gen 1's just to stop the mag from locking up the bolt/action

If you looking for a x39 dependable ,durable rifle , I will look at a different platform, in my experience the bolt does not hold the pressures of the cartridge, they use a 556 bolt machined to fit the x39 , this leave very little material left on the face of the bolt ,eventually it will crack or brake a locking log , I went tru at least 3 bolts on a Psa ks47 set up on the past.Cmmg mutant its a good one if you like the ar platform cause it’s based on a 308 bolt and receiver and it can take the pressures of the Russian cartridge
The bcg is a little smaller but, Yes Sir, the mutant is the bomb. I’ve had 2 and kept the carbine. I’ve lost count of the round count but it’s mega. My favorite gun out of what I’ve owned or shot. Never had a hiccup, not 1, shooting all kinds of different and sometimes rusty/dirty ammo. My “GoTo” if ….

I've sold several and everyone seems to love them. Recently slapped this one together for myself. Ran about 250-300 rounds through it through several different style magazines with no problems. Mostly Magpul, Chinese, Bulgarian and cheap Korean mags.

The Magpul and Chinese mags fit the best.

8.5" barrel and break is loud as ****.

View attachment 3226929

If you want one I get dealer pricing at PSA and can probably save you a few bucks.
Need. PM the $$$ if you get the chance. Basic pistol. My mutant pistol was too heavy.

I've sold several and everyone seems to love them. Recently slapped this one together for myself. Ran about 250-300 rounds through it through several different style magazines with no problems. Mostly Magpul, Chinese, Bulgarian and cheap Korean mags.

View attachment 3226929

If you want one I get dealer pricing at PSA and can probably save you a few bucks.
"Look at that fat guy in mossy oak walking around with the tennis racket. I didn't know there was a tennis court close. That's not strange at all."

View attachment 3226929

OMG...that bich has gotta be LOUD AS F!!!!!!!!

Need. PM the $$$ if you get the chance. Basic pistol. My mutant pistol was too heavy.

"Look at that fat guy in mossy oak walking around with the tennis racket. I didn't know there was a tennis court close. That's not strange at all."

OMG...that bich has gotta be LOUD AS F!!!!!!!!

Why's everyone quoting this post from six months ago today. Sold that gun not long after that post. They're cool, but still meh.

Back
Top Bottom