• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Palmetto KS-47 owners on here?

Link12

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
408   0
Reaction score
Considering one of these. Any experience with them on here? Is it worth the money? Any advice would be appreciated. No just get a AK comments. I already have those.

If you looking for a x39 dependable ,durable rifle , I will look at a different platform, in my experience the bolt does not hold the pressures of the cartridge, they use a 556 bolt machined to fit the x39 , this leave very little material left on the face of the bolt ,eventually it will crack or brake a locking log , I went tru at least 3 bolts on a Psa ks47 set up on the past.Cmmg mutant its a good one if you like the ar platform cause it’s based on a 308 bolt and receiver and it can take the pressures of the Russian cartridge

The AR15 platform doesn't do well with 7.62x39 because of the size of the bolt face. The KS47 has far too many proprietary parts for my comfort. If you want .30 caliber in the AR15 platform, get a 300 blackout AR. If you want something in 7.62x39, get a good AK. You might not like it, but it's the truth lol.

The answer to your question is, get one. Love mine and it is reliable. I have AK's as well but I prefer the KS47.

Pros:
AR platform
Tons of accessories (because its an AR platform)
More accurate than most AK's (proven. If you don't agree then do your research)
Ammo is cheaper and plentiful
Threaded barrel for muzzle devices including a suppressor.
AR buffer and buffer spring so you can tune it to your liking.

Cons:
Rock and lock mag change.
Weak bolt lugs and weak extractor.

The mag change doesn't bother me at all. The bolt however usually fails around 3k rounds. Some have failed sooner and some still going strong past 3k. PSA has a lifetime warranty so if the bolt fails send it back for a replacement. I plan on buying a spare bolt carrier group to have on hand for when mine fails. When it does I'll just swap them out and send the broken bolt to PSA and not miss a beat.

The 8.5" and 10.5" are not as accurate as the 16" so you might want to consider that if you get one. Like all guns each individual KS47 has its preferred ammo brand. I'll post a pic of mine when I get home.

I've sold several and everyone seems to love them. Recently slapped this one together for myself. Ran about 250-300 rounds through it through several different style magazines with no problems. Mostly Magpul, Chinese, Bulgarian and cheap Korean mags.

The Magpul and Chinese mags fit the best.

8.5" barrel and break is loud as ****.

IMG_20210409_123504344_MP~2.jpg

If you want one I get dealer pricing at PSA and can probably save you a few bucks.

I bought a used one, and when sighting it In, I only had one "light strike" on a tul ammo, turns out the primer was set deeper than others.
Ran about 150 rounds through it. Cleaned it and proceeded to buy buy buy...fell in love with it.
Got a rise 434 trigger group, slightly filed it to go over mag release spring. Some say won't work and have light hammer strikes, I still need to test it, havnt had time yet. But I did put a 30 round mag together with a bunch of test ammo. 6 different brands, 5 of each.

I too am worried about bolt assembly, been trying to find extra bolt heads to modify so when the original breaks, I can send it back, but in mean time, have backups.

When I get around to another range day, I'll take pics and post how well it runs with new trigger setup (hopefully not a problem)

I have an upper I'm thinking about selling or trading if you're interested, with maybe 4-5 mags to go with it. I just don't shoot it, maybe put like 5 or 10 mags through it. It's ran reliably with no problems. The only weak link I've found is the mags, if you don't load them to full capacity they run great. I would load like 20 rounds in each one and that solved the issue. There's probably better mags out now but I've this since they first came out.https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...length-7-62x39-classic-upper-with-bcg-ch.html

Back
Top Bottom