• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any of you rednecks like to cook?

If you don't have an Instant Pot, I highly recommend it. A million delicious and easy recipes.
To add to that you can cook frozen chicken with noodles and veggies together in 30 minutes. We had it for a year and only used it a couple times for rice, then realized it’s potential and use it a couple times a week.

You guys dissing cabbage are just wrong. I love it stir fried with garlic salt and cracked black pepper. Cooked al dente so it isn't mush.

Chop up some bacon and fry it until almost done, then throw your cabbage in it to cook in the grease. Salt and pepper to taste. It is AWESOME!

I'm gonna have to try the garlic salt next time. I actually don't have any flavored salts so I may just throw a sprinkle of garlic powder on it.

Chop up some bacon and fry it until almost done, then throw your cabbage in it to cook in the grease. Salt and pepper to taste. It is AWESOME!

I'm gonna have to try the garlic salt next time. I actually don't have any flavored salts so I may just throw a sprinkle of garlic powder on it.
I have done it with bacon and it is very good. Want something different? Try a squirt of this to spice up the cabbage.
kimchee.jpg

My dad was a cook in the Marines (Vietnam Era), and taught me the basics at a very early age. I now cook all the meals in the house, unless it has to do with baking, then the wife handles that. Some things I have learned that aren't really tips, just ideas.

Kitchenaid Mixer - worth its weight in gold. Once you use one, you'll never go back. Makes the best mashed potatoes in no time flat. Mixes up ingredients for meatballs and meatloaf better than using your hands. Its technically my wifes, but I have used it more than she has.

InstaPot/Ninja Foodi - we got the Ninja for Christmas this year and it has been quite a learning curve for me, since I've never used pressurized cooking before. I made some ricotta stuffed peppers last night that were really good though.

Pinerest has lots of recipe ideas and you can usually put your own spin on them.

I love it. Being a single feller and raising my kids (without female assistance) for the last 8 years has really helped to push me into the culinary realm. I grew tired of fastfood and pizza and KFC and damn sure didn't like what it was doing to my weight and my kids general health. So I started cooking. I don't mean the mac n cheese in the blue box with the yellow powder or frozen corn dogs and Red barons pizza. I mean really cooking, like with raw meat, fresh ingredients and an open flame, gas burner and steel pot, cast iron skillets or even the oven. I grew up with my Grandad and my dad cooking a lot so it wasn't a completely foreign venture. I always enjoyed watching Justin Wilson and Paula Dean cook the stuff I grew up on so I used them and their recipes as a baseline. I keep an eye out for other ideas, and will freely steal them and run with it! If you have any links or youtube channels you like then list them below. This may be the one hobby I have that is worthwhile and actually useful.

I like some of the stuff that the BBQ Pit boys cook on youtube along with a guy called Cowboy Kent Rollins. The BBQ pit boys have a cast iron skillet recipe for potatoes that is really good and Kent Rollins has a pork and beans recipe (whole pork shoulder and beans) that is outstanding. The Chicken bog Paula Dean has is also easy and good eating.
Justin Wilson was da Man . We cook up his cajun tators (forgot what he called it?) bout once a month EwwwwWeeeeeDatGoood

Back
Top Bottom