• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Nitto tire owners on here?

Well that stinks. I thought they might give more bite off road. I’ve gotten stuck twice in my yard on wet grass with the Open Country. They just don’t want to self clean like they are supposed to.
I'm a die hard nitto fan and would rather have them than any other, except toyo OCll.. what arebyou running a 37x18 on? It takes raw power to clear the mud from the tread. My BBC has no trouble but the last diesel would only dig down cause it wasn't strong enough to clean em out.

Had Ridge Grapplers on my truck 08 2500hd - horrible in the mud, and loud after 35k miles. The new Recon from Nitto looks interesting, but I'm not in the cool (20"+ wheels ) club

I'm a die hard nitto fan and would rather have them than any other, except toyo OCll.. what arebyou running a 37x18 on? It takes raw power to clear the mud from the tread. My BBC has no trouble but the last diesel would only dig down cause it wasn't strong enough to clean em out.

I have a 2wd Tundra running 275/60R20s. They will fill up with dirt, wet grass, clay, whatever I’m on and just spin. They look like slicks when I get out to take a look at them.

What’s your thoughts on quality and longevity with this brand? I know they ain’t cheap but I see a lot of them on the road. Thinking about replacing my Toyo Open County tires in the near future with their ridge grapplers.
Longevity your want the Open County AT III, they will outperform the NITTO counterpart in the longevity department. They have a much better warranty as well.

What will do better than the Toyo OC off the pavement? That’s what I need but still function well on the road.
Your asking for a lot, you want longevity on the road and better performance off road. LOL you and everyone else in the world.

The Open County AT III have an extension line called the Xtreme, they only come in a few sizes but have better performance off road. They have a slightly deep tread block as well as beefier side tread. When you jump to the Nitto Mud Grappler or Toyo Mud MT then you lose a lot on the road, notice and longevity are out the window.

The 2 Middle tires of each the Toyo R/T and the Nitto Ridge Grappler are the alternatives. They are what each company says is the best of both worlds.

I also want a 4x4 truck that will run a 9 second quarter mile and climb Mount Everest.

Back
Top Bottom