• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Nitto tire owners on here?

Just1more

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Retired
220   0
Reaction score
What’s your thoughts on quality and longevity with this brand? I know they ain’t cheap but I see a lot of them on the road. Thinking about replacing my Toyo Open County tires in the near future with their ridge grapplers.

I used the TerraGrapplers on my Excursion and they were excellent. The only complaint I had was the road noise was higher then I was used to with the General ATs, but I got used to it fast enough.

I also used the 555s on my Mach 1. Those were damn good tires. No complaints at all there.

The Toyos are better. I had the Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my '17 F250. Even though they were more aggressive looking than the Open Country ATs, they were worse off-road, and while quiet when new, got loud after 40K. They absolutely sucked in deep soft sand, even in the larger size 37x12.5x18. The OEM tires (Toyos) were better.

The Toyos are better. I had the Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my '17 F250. Even though they were more aggressive looking than the Open Country ATs, they were worse off-road, and while quiet when new, got loud after 40K. They absolutely sucked in deep soft sand, even in the larger size 37x12.5x18. The OEM tires (Toyos) were better.

Well that stinks. I thought they might give more bite off road. I’ve gotten stuck twice in my yard on wet grass with the Open Country. They just don’t want to self clean like they are supposed to.

Nitto's have been my last 3 sets of tires. 2 on a 2007 Tundra (Terra Grapplers) and I currently have a set of Ridge Grapplers on a 16 Silverado. All sets have lasted longer than expected and performed well on the road. My next set will also be Nitto's.

Back
Top Bottom