• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any night crawler / red wriggler farmers on the ODT?

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
I have a unbelievable patch of ground that has small red wrigglers in it. I have been adding eggshells, compost, and good soil, to it but wanted to know what I can do to get more of them. Have any of you ordered worms on line before? What is better night crawlers or red wrigglers? Any nutrients that I can add? ( I fish and would love to NEVER pay for live bait ever again)

s-l640.jpg

Can you tell us how you come about getting them started... thanks
I have a old garden plot in semi/sun / shade and worms have just started flocking to it over the last few months. I tilled it up and decided not to use the plot for really anything, I got lucky they moved in. Now i want to have them really grow.

I have seen gardening videos where they put down cardboard to attract worms. No tape or staples. Don't know if it works or not? They cover the cardboard w/ mulch.

I have a unbelievable patch of ground that has small red wrigglers in it. I have been adding eggshells, compost, and good soil, to it but wanted to know what I can do to get more of them. Have any of you ordered worms on line before? What is better night crawlers or red wrigglers? Any nutrients that I can add? ( I fish and would love to NEVER pay for live bait ever again)
I have a similar thing going on and I dump all my old coffee grounds there and they seem to love it.Started with a few and now have many.

Back
Top Bottom