• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any HVAC guys familiar with boilers/hydronics?

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
Looking to replace a home natural gas hydronics unit in the future and need opinions and most likely some help with the set up and implementation on a simple two zone hydronics unit.
Natural gas/hot water with baseboard heat.
Best heat on the planet , cheap and efficient.

My dad put in a hot water heating system in his house. Once the proper flow rate was established on two circulating pumps , the best temp setting on the gas boiler was found and an expansion tank was added, it works well. Definitely the longest running type system. If you get good quality pumps and boiler it can run for 20 years with little maintenance.
I do not think I would put it in a small house, but if I were building a 3500 sq ft house or bigger, I would definitely consider it. If it were over a full basement, I would install it myself.

My dad put in a hot water heating system in his house. Once the proper flow rate was established on two circulating pumps , the best temp setting on the gas boiler was found and an expansion tank was added, it works well. Definitely the longest running type system. If you get good quality pumps and boiler it can run for 20 years with little maintenance.
I do not think I would put it in a small house, but if I were building a 3500 sq ft house or bigger, I would definitely consider it. If it were over a full basement, I would install it myself.

Yep, my system is already there I’m just going to need a new boiler and need recommendations.

Yeah.
The commercial guys won’t touch residential and the residential guys don’t know boilers and they say call a plumber.

Most plumbers say they don’t know boilers and to find an old school plumber that is retired or in a nursing home….lol.

What is the question? If you are replacing just the boiler leave in place the baseboard coils and just up grade the valve for zone.. the baseboard haven’t changed much at all but as far as boiler…. Anything new is more efficient but less likely to survive 10 years

What is the question? If you are replacing just the boiler leave in place the baseboard coils and just up grade the valve for zone.. the baseboard haven’t changed much at all but as far as boiler…. Anything new is more efficient but less likely to survive 10 years
Bosch cast iron Buderus should outlast me.

Back
Top Bottom