• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any haunted places in Georgia ?

I live relatively close to that church and every october around Halloween i take my kids there, on our spooky locations tour, and leave quarters on her head stone. Supposedly if you do this and leave for a little while when you return the coins will have flipped over. 3 years running and it hasn't worked for us, however last year when we returned after a few other stops at other old cemeteries our coins were gone and no one was there.......
:shocked::bolt:

I live relatively close to that church and every october around Halloween i take my kids there, on our spooky locations tour, and leave quarters on her head stone. Supposedly if you do this and leave for a little while when you return the coins will have flipped over. 3 years running and it hasn't worked for us, however last year when we returned after a few other stops at other old cemeteries our coins were gone and no one was there.......
I don't know how long you've lived there but that place was creepy as hell when I was younger. Back then it was mostly dirt roads and not many people lived around there, my Great Grandfather's and a couple of his brother's old houses were still standing last time I went to a reunion about 10 years ago but just barely. I've heard the coin story before but never tried it myself.

I don't know how long you've lived there but that place was creepy as hell when I was younger. Back then it was mostly dirt roads and not many people lived around there, my Great Grandfather's and a couple of his brother's old houses were still standing last time I went to a reunion about 10 years ago but just barely. I've heard the coin story before but never tried it myself.
I have friends that have lived in the area alot longer than me and they swear the entire road, Caneyhead, is a hotbed of spooky a$& stuff. Especially the long dirt segment of road that connects to Antioch. I've been told that if you drive down it at night you'll see unexplainable lights in the woods and every now and then something will knock on you car like there's someone outside trying to get you to let them in. I've never experienced these things but it creeps the kids out every year.

I have friends that have lived in the area alot longer than me and they swear the entire road, Caneyhead, is a hotbed of spooky a$& stuff. Especially the long dirt segment of road that connects to Antioch. I've been told that if you drive down it at night you'll see unexplainable lights in the woods and every now and then something will knock on you car like there's someone outside trying to get you to let them in. I've never experienced these things but it creeps the kids out every year.
Yep, it was creepy as all get out back in the day. I've heard the stories of the lights and knocking too.

When I was young I remember how eerily quiet it could be down there at the church even in the middle of the day, sometimes the only thing you could hear was a slight breeze going through the trees, not even a bird was chirping. The biggest black ants I've ever seen in my life were at the church, and hornets and the freakin' horseflies were humungous! Seemed like everything just got bigger around there. lol

When I was young I remember how eerily quiet it could be down there at the church even in the middle of the day, sometimes the only thing you could hear was a slight breeze going through the trees, not even a bird was chirping. The biggest black ants I've ever seen in my life were at the church, and hornets and the freakin' horseflies were humungous! Seemed like everything just got bigger around there. lol
Not sure about the bugs but one evening I was driving home that way and the biggest owl I've ever seen flew in front of my truck. At least I'm pretty sure it was an owl. It was a big something flying across the road at night. What else could it have been? My mind wants to say owl but the whole area's still not high on my list of places to take a midnight stroll.

Not sure about the bugs but one evening I was driving home that way and the biggest owl I've ever seen flew in front of my truck. At least I'm pretty sure it was an owl. It was a big something flying across the road at night. What else could it have been? My mind wants to say owl but the whole area's not high on my list of places to take a midnight stroll.
It was probably an owl unless it was one of those eagles from MacIntosh Reserve in Carroll Co. One showed up in the top of a pine tree on the ridge across from where I live maybe 15 years ago, I've seen a few big owls but that eagle was huge!

Reactions: (M)
  • My. Berry Mall in Rome, heard about spooky stuff going on there and the theater. Prior to the mall being built the property belonged to the college. I had to replace wildlife refuge signs in the mid 80's. Been in the woods all my life, never gotten scared or spooked. Was working my way behind the houses at the beginning of old Dalton rd, completely out of sight of the houses or road, got the feeling of being watched. Looked around, saw no one, not even an animal, hurried up and got away from that area. Ten years later while doing some grading for the mall,two unmarked graves were discovered, local paper reported it was believed to be two members of a chain gang crew.... not been spooked like that since.
I remember a few years ago I had some friends tell me about the "witches graveyard" in marietta Smyrna area...
they told me a bunch of crazy stories. They were very entertaining.
Anyone ever been there or been to a crazy haunted place?

Plus 1 here for kennesaw mountain. I went up there a Sunday morning to hike with the girlfriend and as I was leaving I could smell fresh gunpowder in the air. Not a whiff but a strong smell.

Back
Top Bottom