• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any great barbecue in Blue Ridge ?

If you're in Blue Ridge, you gotta go to Carroll's. Hands down top notch bbq. I get the combo with pulled pork, brisket, and ribs. Wife is from BR, and we eat there at least 3 times a month.

Jim's in Blairsville is great as well. Like Carroll's, they get busy and can run out of stuff.

Big'Uns in Talking Rock is another favorite. I eat lunch there at least every other week when I'm up that way visiting clients. Get the smoked sausage, really good.

We ate at Two Brothers in Ball Ground on Sunday. Due to staffing issues they are only open on Sat and Sun. Been going there over 40 years, still in my top 5 favorites.

I can take or leave Colonel Pooles and the Pink Pig. They have hit or miss for me over the years. Mostly miss. I'm pretty good with a smoker so my standards for bbq are high.

If you're in Blue Ridge, you gotta go to Carroll's. Hands down top notch bbq. I get the combo with pulled pork, brisket, and ribs. Wife is from BR, and we eat there at least 3 times a month.

Jim's in Blairsville is great as well. Like Carroll's, they get busy and can run out of stuff.

Big'Uns in Talking Rock is another favorite. I eat lunch there at least every other week when I'm up that way visiting clients. Get the smoked sausage, really good.

We ate at Two Brothers in Ball Ground on Sunday. Due to staffing issues they are only open on Sat and Sun. Been going there over 40 years, still in my top 5 favorites.

I can take or leave Colonel Pooles and the Pink Pig. They have hit or miss for me over the years. Mostly miss. I'm pretty good with a smoker so my standards for bbq are high.
Completely agree with this post.

Thanks for the info on Two Brothers. I was introduced to that place about 40yrs ago myself. Just been a little while since I've been there. So many places to eat and so little time....

Thanks for the info on Two Brothers. I was introduced to that place about 40yrs ago myself. Just been a little while since I've been there. So many places to eat and so little time....
They used to have sawdust on the floors until the health dept threatened to shut them down. We would eat there often after church, and I would always push the sawdust around into piles with my shoes! They still have all the antiques on the walls.

Yes I remember the saw dust. It was there the last time I ate, I think. The saw dust removal must have been recent. It's been a while, but not forever since I've been. I always like looking at the old cars, those cars were bought new and just stayed in the family as I remember.

Yes I remember the saw dust. It was there the last time I ate, I think. The saw dust removal must have been recent. It's been a while, but not forever since I've been. I always like looking at the old cars, those cars were bought new and just stayed in the family as I remember.
Sawdust has been gone for 20 years or more. Health dept kept threatening Mr. Jordan and shut him down. He passed away several years ago, now his daughter and her husband run it.

They used to have sawdust on the floors until the health dept threatened to shut them down. We would eat there often after church, and I would always push the sawdust around into piles with my shoes! They still have all the antiques on the walls.

Yeah, I remember the sawdust floors...our 1st visit was probably in the mid '80s

Was nothing in downtown Ballground except rock storage LOL

Hate to tease y'all, but we're eating Carroll's tonight.
20210619_180021.jpg

Back
Top Bottom