• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any crypto investors here??

Zen_Life

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Your mom went to college.
144   1
Reaction score
Whats everybody’s perspective on crypto currency!!?? I love this topic. Invested mildy and see good profit. But not like how when bitcoin started in 2010 and investing 1k into that , in that time frame. You would be a millionaire now. :eek2:

Yeah and if you would have put $1k into any of the like 200 other currencies that launched at the same time you would have nothing.
I like it. I have some but really small time. It’s interesting and likely to be a big deal later but I still think lots of people don’t trust it enough to go whole hog

My wife and I like to play craps, so an argument could be made that we are gamblers. Which is why we like Crypto. We have thrown money into the crypto market periodically. Only what we can afford to lose, because we almost immediately "right it off" as a loss as soon as we buy any crypto. It is fun to watch it go up and down, etc. We have made money and lost money. Overall, we are ahead. But we treat it like gambling and have fun with it.

There are some cryptos that we buy for pure "high risk" speculation. Throw $100 bucks into SHIB (bought at .0000065 per token) and see if it ever gets to .01 cents in our lifetime, etc.

Now, I believe there is real value in certain Cryptos as the basis for future currency and I am no economist, by any means. So, for now, until the US Government accepts or creates its own crypto (which I think is inevitable), treat it like gambling. (My current definition of real value is that there are people/investors who will pay real currency to purchase your tokens if you chose to sell, etc.)

Just my opinion folks!!

Lol crypto...

C647CF6A-EC0B-4802-AA6D-9ED0040839E1.jpeg

I would say there's not a positive opinion of cryptocurrency on this forum. While that opinion is unlikely to change any time soon, "cryptocurrency" will become part of most of our daily lives in the next 10-20 years. Crypto today is equivalent to the internet in the early 90s. Those who don't shy away from it now stand to make life changing wealth.

In the not so distant future, crypto may be the only method of e-payment that is usable for the sale/purchasing of firearms related items. The major companies are already making it as difficult as possible for legitimate businesses to accept credit and/or debit cards for transactions involving guns and ammo. We all know PayPal's stance, which now owns Venmo too. And with e-commerce traveling across states and in some cases across borders, there will be no other form for us to pay for items we wish to purchase to continue to exercise our constitutional rights.
And yes, cash still works and will continue to work, until physical forms of currency are no longer in existence. Then, you can either use an e-form of payment that is still acceptable or trade precious metals, if both parties agree to that form of payment.

It is inevitably. Not here yet, but will be here soon. They may not be able to get rid of our 2A rights, but they can certainly limit how we pay for them and conduct transactions. And you don't need congressional or executive approval as these are private companies making these decisions and we acknowledge their terms of service in order to use their product.

Crypto is one thing. The blockchain technology that’s used and makes the currency is a technology of the future. Investing in crypto now is getting in on the ground floor. I own several tokens in projects that I think are going to be in widespread use in the future.

Back
Top Bottom