• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any conservatives looking to move to Athens?

Let me jump in here for a minute. Glad to see some folks in the area here. I just came from Columbia, SC, talk about craziness! I am on my last stint in the Army now at UGA with the ROTC Department. As a Dawgs fan and growing up in GA, this was where I wanted to be. However, Athens/Clarke County was not going to be it. I found my slice of heaven out in Colbert (Oglethorpe County). New home and some acres away from the chaos makes me a happy feller. Hopefully it stays there and don't spread my direction. Hope yall have a great one and maybe one day we can make face with some names.

I also moved from Jackson County to Oglethorpe County. Was able to get way more land at a better price and still be close to Athens for beer, food, etc. Of course, the 'rona kinda screwed up the food & beer scene but at least I can shoot whenever I want now.

WallsGa, how about doing a Jackson Co. native a favor, stop inviting folks to move into our country. I like the way it was 30 years ago when I actually knew the people living in Jefferson, Talmo, Pendegrass, Braselton, etc. I will take you up on the roast. By the way, I am learning more about the 2nd amendment Sanctuary city, county state deal going around. Let's call our county commissioners and see if we can get it in Jackson co.

Back
Top Bottom