• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any cheap or homemade reactive targets you enjoy?

Outdoorsman87

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
24   0
Reaction score
Alrighty...so I've been in the shooting world practically my whole life and everyone knows, reactive targets are awesome!

Since there's always something new to be learned, I wonder what reactive targets you all enjoy when having a fun day shoot.

Classic cans n jugs, bottles etc...I only recently had some old eggs, decided to drill some shallow 1" holes in a 2x4 and set the eggs in, they're quite fun with a 22!

Got a mannequin thats dying to be a target (hahahah, put intented). Took some bowling pins, and put an eye hook in them, and put them on a threaded rod so they flop over when you hit them.

I'm selectively lazy. I generally want to put up targets once and not have to constantly be replacing em and cleaning up trash, so for me, steel plates.

Match heads, golf balls, small things put on top of golf tees etc. May have had some fun with tanerite in tree bases and such in the past as well

For teaching children to shoot air rifles and .22’s, I’ll use ‘Nilla Wafers as targets. They shatter when hit, and no mess to clean up.

What in the heck is wrong with you? I'm not gonna let good 'Nilla Wafers' go to waste. Saltines, perhaps, but not the 'Nilla. Dang, man. We're trying to have a civilization here!

Back
Top Bottom