• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any chainsaw guys here?

I had a 372xp that I let go years ago for a friend. Wouldn’t mind having another.

It’s the only one I bought brand new, still runs like a top. Was my only saw at the time so I wanted an all around one, if I knew I would get a collection I might’ve gotten the 346 xp but still the 357 is light enough.
I heard the 346s we're the jam. I couldn't find one so I scooped up a 545 MK2. I love it. I got a 371xp I thought about having some work done on. Anybody have any recommendations on shops or someone on here that does it? Hi perf kinds stuff. Port it, muffler mod, possibly gasket delete it and one of those big air filters coming through the plastic top cover lol.

Any recommendations on a lighter weight 16” saw?
i have a Stihl MS311 , 20” it wore me out yesterday , I cut for maybe 2.5 hours.

Maybe I’m just getting old, up and down hills and through the woods thinning.

i have a Stihl MS311 , 20” it wore me out yesterday , I cut for maybe 2.5 hours.

I feel your pain. I'm 75 and 2 hours with my Echo 620 is a full days work. Try a 16" bar for better balance and a little less weight. If not cutting bigger stuff, I use my Husky 445.

MS261 with a lightweight bar would be worth looking at

try the 194... it is a climbing saw, that can be outfitted with a 16 bar and chain... i own a landscape company and outfit 4 crews with the saw... its great and one handed.... just ask for the climbing saw... been running them for 3 years and just keep buying the new models as they come out for new crews

my perosnal saw is the 201C but that is quite a bit more... both lighter and will do well

the 194 is 350 or so...

the 201 is 700.00... however it is more hp and TQ.... built for heavy use

Back
Top Bottom