• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any blade forgers around Athens???

Freshly Minted Georgian!

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
304   0
Reaction score
My daughter is fascinated with Forged in Fire. While she isn't exactly in good enough health to attempt to forge a knife if there are any knife forgers around Athens that I can hire to forge a blade for her I thought she might like as a surprise watching the forging and heat treating. She's well enough I think to do some basic grinding, polishing and putting on scales. PM me if you know of anybody in the region.

Oh, a while back I posted that I have some SUPER SUPER sharp industrial blades that came from some sort of automated packaging line. These things are serrated, about 14 inches long and appear to be very high quality steel. My wife dragged them home from an estate sale and I counted them a while back, I think there are like 18 blades. Figured someone that forges might make some sort of Damascus out of them.

Oh, a while back I posted that I have some SUPER SUPER sharp industrial blades that came from some sort of automated packaging line. These things are serrated, about 14 inches long and appear to be very high quality steel. My wife dragged them home from an estate sale and I counted them a while back, I think there are like 18 blades. Figured someone that forges might make some sort of Damascus out of them.
Cohutta blades is in Ellijay, it's the only one I'm aware of.

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk

Second goat and hammer. Mark, the owner is a fantastic guy and he actually was on forged in fire and won. He does bladesmithing classes as well as other classes. Likely she can go to one and make a railroad spike knife.

I have a knife mark forged he gave me as a gift. It’s a really cool piece. Built very well and just all around cool. The guy is mega talented and very smart.

ONE OF THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY DANIEL MOYE IN WATKINSVILLE ! CATTLE DOG FORGE . HE WAS A GREAT OTHROPEDIC SURGEON UNTIL AUTO ACCIDENT NEARLY KILLED HIM AND HE COULD NO LONGER OPERATE. HE DID SURGERY ON MY ARM IN THE 80S ! HE FORGES SOME EXCELLANT KNIVES !

I would second Dan Moye, he's nearby in Watkinsville (very much a gentleman). He's a good friend and would enjoy meeting your daughter and showing her a few things. Not to bad with hammer & fire either. Goat & Hammer also a good choice but they are in N Altanta.
I'm even further north in Acworth and have taught a lot of young people, but with all this virus stuff messing things up I'm not taking any students or doing any demos at present.
If you don't mind traveling to NGa, there will be an open/free hammer-in at Trackrock Campgrounds in Blairsville. Lot of forges set up and forging demos going on for two days end of Sept. Contact campgrounds for dates/times.

Back
Top Bottom