• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any birdwatchers in the house?

I love sitting on our front porch and watching the birds. I have 3 seed feeders, 4 suet feeders and 10 hummer feeders. I also put out mealworms for the blue birds.
When I lived in Hampton we had a large variety of birds that came through on their migratory pathways stop at our feeders. After we moved back to Ghetto Grove we get a few songbirds but nowhere near what we had before.

We have a multitude of different birds that come to our feeder.

Bluebirds are my favorite. They don't come to feeder, but have a house for them, they use every year.

Bluebirdsa.jpg

Redbirds built a nest in a bush right off the front porch.
Redbirds2a.jpg

FF562347-E662-4D60-B95D-446FAC159388.jpeg FF562347-E662-4D60-B95D-446FAC159388.jpeg
FF562347-E662-4D60-B95D-446FAC159388.jpeg
Took up bird watching/feeding this past year. I have a new visitor today and hope y’all can help me identify. Larger than a house finch and also has a longer beak, similar to a carolina wren. Thanks

View attachment 3018989 View attachment 3018989 View attachment 3018989 Took up bird watching/feeding this past year. I have a new visitor today and hope y’all can help me identify. Larger than a house finch and also has a longer beak, similar to a carolina wren. Thanks
Looks like a Hermit or Wood Thrush.
You need a good bird I.D. book.
Backyard birding can be addictive. Once you begin adding feeders, a water supply, and nesting boxes they’ll start coming in. We have over 50 species that have visited out yard.

Backyard birding can be addictive. Once you begin adding feeders, a water supply, and nesting boxes they’ll start coming in. We have over 50 species that have visited out yard.
Yeah I’d say I’m hooked now. Planning on adding more feeders and seed variety to feed more birds this winter. Currently seeing about 6-7 different species and enjoying every minute of it.

is there a particular book you recommend? Thanks

Thanks for the help with the ID. I think you’re right. It looks like a wood thrush

Back
Top Bottom