• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any 100yd+ outdoor ranges near Dallas/Acworth area???

GucciTwoTiming

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
Task Force 141
83   0
Reaction score
Hi ODT,
I recently graduated from UGA and just moved from Athens to the Dallas/Acworth area and I cannot seem to find an outdoor range anywhere in the vicinity. Was very shocked to see that there isn’t even a WMA with a range anywhere near here (please correct me if I’m wrong!!!).

Does anyone know of a good, safe outdoor range (at least 100yds) within an hour or so of Dallas GA? Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. I’ve heard of one range about an hour away but everyone online says it’s a gamble as to whether the gates will be open or not on any given day.

Thanks in advance ODT!

The closest I know of is ADVANCED BULLETS in Temple, GA. I-20 at exit19

That's about 25 miles south-southwest of Dallas.
They have rifle ranges at 50 feet, 50 yards, and 100 yards.
There are some special rules there, since in the past they had people firing stray shots over the backstop berm and hitting homes a half-mile away. One thing they require is that you shoot first at the closest distance to confirm your zero and make sure your sights didn't get bumped. Then you move over to the medium distance target, and finally you can then move to 100 yards.

I've shot there a few times, but not in the last 5 years.

Make the drive to Talladega CMP. Worth the extra time for the 100, 200, 300, 600 Kongsberg Target System ranges. You will save a ton of time (and ammo) with the KTS target system. Then shoot steel out to 640 yards on the Unknown Distance Ranges.
20210328_142217.jpg
20210418_092215.jpg

Make the drive to Talladega CMP. Worth the extra time for the 100, 200, 300, 600 Kongsberg Target System ranges. You will save a ton of time (and ammo) with the KTS target system. Then shoot steel out to 640 yards on the Unknown Distance Ranges.View attachment 3256354
View attachment 3256355

Just be careful CMP range gets expensive cause you bring home an M1 every time you go haha

Sumac range. Just north of Chatsworth ga
Sumac is 68 miles from Kennesaw. Chestnut Mountain WMA range is 58 miles. We are going this Friday to CM WMA. I asked the community here for input on both and got both good and not so good reports. I'll write a review after this Friday. Those are basically your only options other than Governors which is all indoor. Aside from the 100 yard electronic range lanes, they have 25 and 35 yard range lanes. Personally never had a bad experience there.

Back
Top Bottom