• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ant 7.3 nuts on here?

The early 7.3s don’t have the fine mesh screen in the tank. The super duty 7.3s have 2 mesh screens inside the pickup assembly.

I believe dorman has come out with a selector valve that actually fits and is a little less than the ridiculously expensive OEM unit. Haven’t tried it so can’t vouch for it.

Another option is to ditch the selector and front tank and put in a 38 gallon rear tank.
Its a 97 f250 7.3 obs

Don't know about the Dorman, but I bought a valve off Ebay for $75. All I had to do is cut those quick connect fittings off the lines and replace with some fuel line and clamps. The valve was identical to the Ford valve, except for those hokey fittings.

It would not run before, ran great......on one tank after, the other tank still needed dropping. Let someone else do it, no shop, no lift, and no way to remove the bed, it had a service body on it.

It would run up till 1400 rpms on the bad tank, then it would skip and carry on.

Update. I checked the fuel in the tanks yesterday and blew the fuel lines from the selector valve to the tank. I checked front tank first. Rear tank was clean. The truck runs better now but still alittle sluggish could it be the ebpv or back pressure sensor?

Attachments

• 20201124_114433.jpg
    20201124_114433.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 17
Sorry, I haven’t been on here in a couple weeks. Yeah, I would definitely check the back pressure sensor and also make sure the line from the exhaust manifold to the sensor isn’t clogged up.

Truck went down again. Guese the rumor was true that if you change a injector the others will follow. Chsnged all 6 since 2 were previously changed. How long till the rough idel goes away? (Air in fuel and oil)

Truck went down again. Guese the rumor was true that if you change a injector the others will follow. Chsnged all 6 since 2 were previously changed. How long till the rough idel goes away? (Air in fuel and oil)
Did you change them or have it done? #8 controls the timing and there are a dozen different ones. It has the be matched

Back
Top Bottom