• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ant 7.3 nuts on here?

Curious how hard to drop the rear tank and clean the filters and see if that fixes the problem before dropping the front.

Also could both clog at the same time and could the tank selector switch have some trash in it keeping the correct amount of fuel from getting to the motor? Truck runs and idels fine until itd under load

Sometimes easier to raise the bed.

if your dropping the tank do the hutch and harpoon mod if it works for your year truck. It will save you a headache later. Also I would check out riffraff diesel you can purchase the fuel pump pre filters for cheap.

There are no “socks” in the tanks on a 97. It just has a plastic piece with a screen. There would have to be a ton of trash in the tank to clog that screen. Most common problem with those is they break off and will run out of fuel at 1/4 tank, which doesn’t sound like the problem.

Depending on what you mean by it seeming like it’s not getting fuel, could be a few things.

If the truck starts dying under a load, then I would check the fuel pressure regulator on the side of the bowl. There is a screen that gets trash on it. Check the fuel tank selector valve on the frame rail.

If the truck just feels weak, check your EBP sensor and tube and see if they’re clogged with carbon. Also check the MAP sensor and hose going to it.

Ideally you would want to get a scan tool on it and check values for EBP and MAP. Also would want to check boost pressure, leaking up pipes are common and affect it building boost.

There are plenty of possibilities, but I’d start with those.

Back
Top Bottom