• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ant 7.3 nuts on here?

Check the level in the HPOP? I also like the pickup foot in the tank. Those things are trash and all fall apart. Worst is when you're dead out of fuel at 1/4 tank.

Not a mechanic by any means but have found that if I leave my 7.3 near empty during the wrong weather condensation forms in the tank in a hurry. I don’t drive mine much. Try to keep it full and I put about an ounce of sea foam per gallon of diesel which has helped cold starts a lot. Mine has 350k plus miles on it.

Not a mechanic by any means but have found that if I leave my 7.3 near empty during the wrong weather condensation forms in the tank in a hurry. I don’t drive mine much. Try to keep it full and I put about an ounce of sea foam per gallon of diesel which has helped cold starts a lot. Mine has 350k plus miles on it.
Mine has 273k and runs 5 days a week. Miss driving it

Check the level in the HPOP? I also like the pickup foot in the tank. Those things are trash and all fall apart. Worst is when you're dead out of fuel at 1/4 tank.
Not having problems with 1/4 take just sounds like fuel pressure

Curious how hard to drop the rear tank and clean the filters and see if that fixes the problem before dropping the front.

Also could both clog at the same time and could the tank selector switch have some trash in it keeping the correct amount of fuel from getting to the motor? Truck runs and idels fine until itd under load

Ran mine on waste vegetable oil for the first 100 k I drove it, was a thrifty ride then. Lost my vegetable oil source, diesel cost keeps mine from being a daily driver. It has been an excellent truck and still very reliable.
I love my work truck. And miss driving it. Everything I'm reading is saying that the truck don't have filters in the sending unit and could be the selector valve

Back
Top Bottom