• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Answering a request for trade

Buddyf54

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
201   0
Reaction score
Recently more members are listing an item for sale or trade. When a member responds with a trade offer, please just reply "no thanks" if it doesn't appeal to you. Don't leave the member hanging. I doubt seriously anyone can claim, "I'm too busy to respond". That's BS as it takes 3 seconds to reply. The other old chestnut I hear is "I don't check very often". If you're trying to sell or trade an item that's pretty weak. Sales are in large part communication, and that's a two-way street.

Recently more members are listing an item for sale or trade. When a member responds with a trade offer, please just reply "no thanks" if it doesn't appeal to you. Don't leave the member hanging. I doubt seriously anyone can claim, "I'm too busy to respond". That's BS as it takes 3 seconds to reply. The other old chestnut I hear is "I don't check very often". If you're trying to sell or trade an item that's pretty weak. Sales are in large part communication, and that's a two-way street.
This is the OUTDOOR TRADER not outdoorsellar.

Most of the time I would say over 65% of the I get a lot of nothing back.

Like if you say I'll offer your widget A for widget B. They won't ever respond. So a lot of times I just put this offer is good for 12 hours or 24 hours. Cause what if they come back in 4-5 days and then they say sure lets trade but you done moved on?

The quality of the trader I think has just decreased.

I simply say no thanks if there is a significant difference in value or something which would not be of interest in a trade.
I routinely counter offer Widget A for Widget B +$$ or + ammo.
Most of the time when I counter offer there is no response :dizzy: :doh:

Back
Top Bottom