• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

(another) STAR WARS model

Another large Star Destroyer that I just finished. 24" long with 750 feet of fiber optics inside. This 1/2700 scale Zvezda kit is modified with lots of 3D printed upgrades. The shuttle bay, Tantive IV, Millennium Falcon, garbage chute, Radar domes, engines and flaps are all modified to look more like what's seen on the movies. Tantive IV and the Falcon are attached with magnets and can be removed and placed on the mirror where more magnets hold them there.
It has a 1/2" steel rod that runs inside the ship and down into the base where it's welded to a steel plate hidden under the mirror. 12 volt lights.

I'll probably be selling this one on Ebay for around $1000.

View attachment 2825784 View attachment 2825785 View attachment 2825786 View attachment 2825788 View attachment 2825789

That is Really Really AWESOME!!!
My grand-boys would go crazy over that!!!

You should see if @SafeCracka :boink: will trade you a couple of safes (and deliver them) for it! :)

I work around 5 to 6 hours each day and I think this one took three weeks. But, this is like the 7th Star Destroyer I've built so it doesn't take as long now. Drilling all of the holes and laying the fiber optic lines take up most of the time.

Cool.....honestly to me it looks better than the original ones on the movie....awesome attention to detail.

I work around 5 to 6 hours each day and I think this one took three weeks. But, this is like the 7th Star Destroyer I've built so it doesn't take as long now. Drilling all of the holes and laying the fiber optic lines take up most of the time.
That’s awesome! Very nice work.

Do you do ships / planes as well? And do you take requests?

Amazing work.

Used to love building models as a kid but nothing even CLOSE to this level of detail!

That’s awesome! Very nice work.

Do you do ships / planes as well? And do you take requests?

I do. I've built numerous planes and ships through the years. I've been wanting to build the 1/200 Bismark (4 feet long).

Model building is about all I do now. I've had really bad luck with my health for a few years now and building keeps me sane through the bad days.

Back
Top Bottom