• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

(another) STAR WARS model

furious

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.
261   0
Reaction score
Another large Star Destroyer that I just finished. 24" long with 750 feet of fiber optics inside. This 1/2700 scale Zvezda kit is modified with lots of 3D printed upgrades. The shuttle bay, Tantive IV, Millennium Falcon, garbage chute, Radar domes, engines and flaps are all modified to look more like what's seen on the movies. Tantive IV and the Falcon are attached with magnets and can be removed and placed on the mirror where more magnets hold them there.
It has a 1/2" steel rod that runs inside the ship and down into the base where it's welded to a steel plate hidden under the mirror. 12 volt lights.

I'll probably be selling this one on Ebay for around $1000.

DSCN4788.JPG
DSCN4792.JPG
DSCN4796.JPG
DSCN4804.JPG
DSCN4807.JPG

I'm sure some of the nerds... sorry, I mean fans that attend Comic-Con would pay handsomely for something like this!

I always strived to put together model planes and war ships together as a kid but didn't have enough talent to follow through compared to what the model magazines showed.

Seriously, very nice work though!

I just have to ask......how many HOURS do you have invested in this?!?

I work around 5 to 6 hours each day and I think this one took three weeks. But, this is like the 7th Star Destroyer I've built so it doesn't take as long now. Drilling all of the holes and laying the fiber optic lines take up most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom