• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another Holster Question

I carry my P938 in a Sticky pocket holster when my pockets are big enough.
IWB has never been comfortable for me.
Kydex OWB holsters are too rigid for my liking. They have no flex in the angle of the draw.
I like leather belt-slide types and I'm using a DeSantis E-Gat for my P938 when I can't pocket carry.

My Comfort Clinger arrived in the mail yesterday. It appears to live up to what I had read in various reviews. Well put together and higher quality than I expected for $19. The actual pouch that holds the gun is a little larger than I expected. The good part about that is that I was finally able to mount the factory laser that came with my gun....and have a holster that works with the laser.

I wore it around the house for a few hours yesterday just to see how it works for IWB carry. I tried it both appendix carry and 4 o'clock position. It seemed a little strange carrying IWB without clips or loops attached to the belt. That turned out to be mostly in my head, though; because every time I checked for shifting or movement, the holster and gun was right where I had originally positioned it. The gel padding of the holster does make it more comfortable than some other IWB holsters I have worn.

I will wear it today while I am out and about running some errands. The hardest part is going to be stopping myself from telegraphing that I am carrying by constantly reaching down to verify that nothing has shifted. As I said, that is in my head; and I'll get over it with time.

20181027_114127-1.jpg
20181027_114350.jpg

A leather pocket holster conceals as well as those synthetics and are more compact and easier to use when wearing jeans. I made mine from 10 oz skirting leather. May have scived it down a bit don't remember as I made it 5 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom