• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another concealed carry question...from car into gun range

Hogdaddy

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
51   0
Reaction score
What if you don't have a concealed carry permit and you carry your gun from your car into a gun range in a gun case and you are on property that you don't own? Would this be considered illegally carrying a concealed weapon.

If you are uncertain just unload it. An empty gun is not a weapon.
Do what?
I'm not trying to start an argument with you but I think for what you're talking about it also has to be in a case. An unloaded concealed weapon is just that.

To wit

PART 3 - CARRYING AND POSSESSION OF FIREARMS
§ 16-11-126 - Possession and carrying a concealed weapon; penalty for violating licensing requirement

C.Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry any handgun provided that it is enclosed in a case and unloaded

Right.
It's still a "weapon" when it is unloaded and in the case,
but the law has an exception that allows you to carry a weapon that way-- outside of your vehicle, and even on property that you don't own.

I prefer to call this type of unloaded and encased carry "transportation" rather than 'carry.' When I use the term CARRY, I refer to a gun that is quickly accessible to use for self-defense.
Transport is just getting an item from point A to point B.

Do what?
I'm not trying to start an argument with you but I think for what you're talking about it also has to be in a case. An unloaded concealed weapon is just that.

To wit

PART 3 - CARRYING AND POSSESSION OF FIREARMS
§ 16-11-126 - Possession and carrying a concealed weapon; penalty for violating licensing requirement

C.Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry any handgun provided that it is enclosed in a case and unloaded
He already stated it would be in a case.

Back
Top Bottom