• How many watts will it fit in my streamlight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warm tones, soft glow, potentially dangerous

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters
Go for the glow...
downloadfile-1.jpg
Groovetubes1-300x196.jpg

If you don't get any takers here, lots of love over on audiokarma.org.

I think the "marketplace" there may be somewhat restricted to noobs. I still frequent there, but haven't bought/sold in a few years so I'm not really sure on that point.

P.S. Your poll is invalid because it doesn't include Tacos as an option.

If you don't get any takers here, lots of love over on audiokarma.org.

I think the "marketplace" there may be somewhat restricted to noobs. I still frequent there, but haven't bought/sold in a few years so I'm not really sure on that point.

P.S. Your poll is invalid because it doesn't include Tacos as an option.
Wow... I must be tired ... only missed Taco option once before...
tenor.gif

Tubes make the best amps, IMO. Solid state has taken leaps and bounds over the years but they still can't best the sound of tubes. Again, JMO.

I would shop them around guitar forums, or any social media that has guitar gear heads on it. Especially vintage stuff and/or dealers. You may end up finding a tech who will purchase anything you may have. Not a bad idea to put them on here either. There are a few gear heads among us.

I'll be picking them up Saturday and hopefully provide a detailed list really good prices at the end of this current thread will be a partial list of what I was able to gather

Sounds good.

I built a low power AM transmitter that I then hooked up to a computer to broadcast Old Time Radio programs and music to my 1930's and 40's tube radios. It's been a few years since I messed with them.

Your post has me thinking of them again. Thanks!
The guy that I got these from was a disc jockey in the 1940s, I believe he was in Phoenix and pretty well-known. Anyway most of the stuff been going back and forth through pictures and I'll be picking up a bunch of stuff on Saturday at the end of this current thread will be a partial list of what I absolutely know I will have

Haven't done one in a while but I used to restore antique radios. Still have the tube testers and other equipment.

I'd be interested in acquiring some. PM me...
I know I'm going to lose you in this thread but please just keep your eye on this thread and we can at least talk once I have everything in hand

RCA ELECTRON TUBE 6883
RCA RADIOTRON 807
P&B RELAYS
CLAROSTAT
WESTINGHOUSE GLOW LAMPS
THORDARSON 26C52
SPTAGUE
TARZIAN SILICONE RECTIFIER
And I saw a couple of the cool old Russian ones as well....

I am only going to need some of these tube so I'll be selling a bunch at the same time I'm getting the tubes I'm picking up a 1965 silvertone stereo phonograph oh, one of those big ones with the speakers built in. I think I'm going to restore it mid-century modern stuff is pretty popular right now...

Most of the stuff I'm going to have to research cuz I'm not very well versed on tubes but in addition I will have tons of old catalogs and reference material, testing stations, just a hodgepodge of everything...

Glad to share a little bit with the ODT guys because, I will be going after those high dollar tube lovers outside of the ODT:fish2:

Back
Top Bottom