• Warm tones, soft glow, potentially dangerous

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters

BLIP

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
STOCKS REFINISHED
657   1
Reaction score
I may have a pretty decent lead on some New Old Stock analog tubes oh, I have bought and sold some before but I'm really not that versed on it... I believe most of the tubes are RCA they are still new in the box but there are some German tubes it's where I fetched big bucks before...

Not looking to become a millionaire but I figured I'd share the possibility here first since most of us have a decent relationship
6d0b7fbbab865dc79f9d31702425e4cd.jpg
Vintage-RCA-807-Electron-Vacuum-Tube.jpg

Tubes make the best amps, IMO. Solid state has taken leaps and bounds over the years but they still can't best the sound of tubes. Again, JMO.

I would shop them around guitar forums, or any social media that has guitar gear heads on it. Especially vintage stuff and/or dealers. You may end up finding a tech who will purchase anything you may have. Not a bad idea to put them on here either. There are a few gear heads among us.

The radar system I worked on in the Navy still used some vacuum tubes though most were ceramic.
There's nothing like laying on the radar room floor between two rows of cabinets and falling asleep to the warmth and 60 cycle hum.
Although rumor had it that all that RF made everyone temporarily sterile.

Tubes make the best amps, IMO. Solid state has taken leaps and bounds over the years but they still can't best the sound of tubes. Again, JMO.

I would shop them around guitar forums, or any social media that has guitar gear heads on it. Especially vintage stuff and/or dealers. You may end up finding a tech who will purchase anything you may have. Not a bad idea to put them on here either. There are a few gear heads among us.
Yes it's always my intention to offer some of my findings here at a lesser cost because I appreciate the ODT and the people I come in contact with. I will heed your advice

Haven't done one in a while but I used to restore antique radios. Still have the tube testers and other equipment.

I'd be interested in acquiring some. PM me...
Hey I will do that it's probably going to be this weekend before I make the Trek. He's got a bunch of other electronic goodies and one piece I'm really interested in:ranger:

Hey I will do that it's probably going to be this weekend before I make the Trek. He's got a bunch of other electronic goodies and one piece I'm really interested in:ranger:

Sounds good.

I built a low power AM transmitter that I then hooked up to a computer to broadcast Old Time Radio programs and music to my 1930's and 40's tube radios. It's been a few years since I messed with them.

Your post has me thinking of them again. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom