• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

An experiment in social ammo gouging

Don't cast your price logic pearls before price whining swine.
giphy (15).gif

First off let me say that I don't believe such a thing as gouging exists for non essentials, but since the ODT has adopted it to mean selling guns/ammo for a profit, I will run w/ it.

If ammo is placed on an auction site, the bidder set price, correct? So, if I list, let's say, 50 loose rounds of Federal 115gr FMJ 9mm rounds for a starting bid @ $1. And let's just say that the bid is now currently $65. Does that make me a gouger or neckbeard? I've had this ammo since Black Friday 2019; so I know for a fact that I am not a flipper!!

I listed 810 rounds of misc 10mm ammo on here, didn't get much attention at all. Put on Gunbroker and it sold for $605.

.22lr is auctioning @ 100 rounds CCI Mini Mags $35
Got $45 for a box of Blazer Brass .45
$60 for 325 Fed. Automatch .22lr
$35 for 20 PMC Xtac FMJ 556

The above examples are actual auctions and money paid in the past week. So, my question is: why all the animosity on this site when members list ammo at the current market price? Let the flames begin :flame:
Not "market" price. I bought at retail today and paid half and even 1/3 on some calibers at a big box store. The flipper asking price is not market value but the fear profiting price. Free country but remember that even in a capitalist system there are selling models that take into consideration uninformed and under educated consumers.

Not "market" price. I bought at retail today and paid half and even 1/3 on some calibers at a big box store. The flipper asking price is not market value but the fear profiting price. Free country but remember that even in a capitalist system there are selling models that take into consideration uninformed and under educated consumers.

Caveat emptor...

been beating that drum for a year. Flippers gonna flip, and no amount of facts or logic will get them to admit it. But they know...

Back
Top Bottom