• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

An experiment in social ammo gouging

if some of the whiners here looked at the prices of completed listings on gunbroker they would probably never post here again if they had any shame. I get slammed for listings here that I have been selling for up to double the money on GB. Its more hassle with shipping and payment but its significantly higher. Some guy says if everyone quit buying here on ODT, prices would go back to normal. Uh, Yeah.

if some of the whiners here looked at the prices of completed listings on gunbroker they would probably never post here again if they had any shame. I get slammed for listings here that I have been selling for up to double the money on GB. Its more hassle with shipping and payment but its significantly higher. Some guy says if everyone quit buying here on ODT, prices would go back to normal. Uh, Yeah.

Whiners will be whiners most of their lives, it is who they are.

I really don't give a crap what someone sells their items for. I buy it or I don't. I have over spent on items I needed or wanted before but that was my choice. The last shortage I sold some ammo to friends that needed some at my cost. But I did not advertise selling any on ODT. I would guess most people on here remember the last ammo shortage and should have planned accordingly. That said ODT is turning into facebook with these price rants. Only thing I haven't heard yet is someone saying their offended. All you guys that are offended should offer up some of your ammo stash on here at half price to offset the others selling at high prices. Show you really care.

you been here 10 years we use to help each other now every new **** that joins has high prices and dont give a damn about anyone but themselves

At one point I actually looked up the first complaint about flippers and I'm pretty sure it was within just a couple months of the site getting started. Yeah, there was more of a 'small town' feel to the site in the early days. I don't think the site has really changed fundamentally though, it's just bigger. I traded with couple noobs this week and they seemed like fine ODT'rs.

I really don't give a crap what someone sells their items for. I buy it or I don't. I have over spent on items I needed or wanted before but that was my choice. The last shortage I sold some ammo to friends that needed some at my cost. But I did not advertise selling any on ODT. I would guess most people on here remember the last ammo shortage and should have planned accordingly. That said ODT is turning into facebook with these price rants. Only thing I haven't heard yet is someone saying their offended. All you guys that are offended should offer up some of your ammo stash on here at half price to offset the others selling at high prices. Show you really care.
They won't, no balls.

As for a bidding situation, then no, in that specific use case, it's not gouging. If desperate and uneducated idiots want to bid on ammo and pay 5x what the stores are charging, more power to those dopes...
But, there is something wrong with the same person buying the same ammo for the same 5x in a for sale ad?

Back
Top Bottom