• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AMT Back-Up (.22 LR)

You always have great reviews(Firestar) and the instructions as well as pictures are fantastic, almost makes me think about doing things like this except I know that between each shot is quite a bit of work LOL well done!

You always have great reviews(Firestar) and the instructions as well as pictures are fantastic, almost makes me think about doing things like this except I know that between each shot is quite a bit of work LOL well done!

It's not that much extra work. I just keep a camera around and try to slow down while working to get some shots of progress and the occasional inevitable reverse progress with corrective action. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Saw an AMT backup in .380 at Franklins Sports in Athens about a month ago.
Had 1 flush mount mag. Left it there until I could research it at home online.
Seems AMT not only short lived but changed hands a few times.
Built in at least 3 different towns in Ca. so name on frame changes.
Didn't find any magazines available flush or w/extension. Checked a few
other parts and they showed unavailable as well. Liked the size and all
stainless but no parts if needed would make it an expensive paperweight.
Probably still there if anyone wants one more.

Also like the 21A Bobcat, quality mouser. Prefer the 25acp since not
as finicky as the 22LR. Have a 22lr from 2011 made in Md w/box etc
somebody could probably talk me out of, don't really need both.

I love this pistol. Dad had one and growing up I used to shoot the snot out of it. Ours was a sewing machine, sorry you had issues but if there is anybody that can smooth a pistol out, it's you!

Great thread!
Same here. I just got my Dad's AMT, and I can't wait to find some ammo for it.

We found it would never jam with hollowpoint jellow jacket LR/HV, but it seems to be impossible to find now.

Which ammo do you use?

The point where the bullet contacts the ramp, less hump, less jump.

i59.tinypic.com_52ckd0.jpg

Next pull the firing pin, pin. It just pushes out.

i58.tinypic.com_2nrlgya.jpg

i59.tinypic.com_2ilfuwh.jpg

The extractor comes out with just pushing it in and flipping it out, It goes back in the opposite. Oddly the extractor was polished with a sharp edge (can catch) and the other side was beveled but not polished.

i60.tinypic.com_30jpjf8.jpg

i58.tinypic.com_332qkhz.jpg

Polish the extractor where it contacts the rim of the case. I sharpened this angle to allow less lifting on the extractor when in full battery and resting on the extractor channel on the barrel hood.

i59.tinypic.com_23sg7cx.jpg

i59.tinypic.com_2hoik46.jpg

I use a flat piece of granite to have a perfectly flat surface.

i58.tinypic.com_23lnt6g.jpg

Button it up and now this see this jammer run.....
I have this same one that I recently acquired for installing a new GFCI outlet for a customer. And she even paid for the new outlet. I was going to charge her $100 but ask her if she would just give me that since I knew she had it I've known her for a long time.

I love this gun as far as how it looks and feels but it is extremely unreliable I can't hardly get two shots in a row with it. I really want to get this thing working right and your excellent tutorial looks like just what I need. Any idea what these things are worth these days? Also on the one I have someone has polished the slide so that it almost looks like Chrome or nickel plating but it's just polished like crazy, to the point where the words are no longer showing on the slide.

Also for some reason I usually have to grab the trigger and pull it forward to get it to reset on the next shot. Any idea what could be the cause of that?

I have some round nose Winchester Super X ammunition that is 40 grain and rated for 1300 FPS. I trust that the gun can handle it because this thing is built like a tank.

Back
Top Bottom