• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AMP Annealer

I guess I should have mentioned that I am most interested in the consistency it gives on neck tension and the longer brass life will be an added benefit for me. I've looked at most all of them including building one myself and haven't ruled that out. If I weren't an electrical retard I for sure would build one.

What about salt bath annealing any of you guys have any first hand experience? I've read quite a bit on it and have mixed opinions.

same deal on salt bath as flame. you are the variable. with the machine, I just set the time. they all come out the same.

Induction annealing is the most repeatable and consistant. The benefit of the AMP is the Aztec mode. Sacrifice 1 to do the others perfect. That said, I've got Annealeez that I've added some upgrades to make the timing and gas flow the same every time. Works well enough for $400. Litz did a test a few years back and arrived at the conclusion that so long as quality brass is used, annealing does nothing for accuracy. Some even think its a detrement due to the brass structure gripping the bullet better on ignition, making for increased SD numbers. Who knows?

What about salt bath annealing any of you guys have any first hand experience? I've read quite a bit on it and have mixed opinions.
I do salt bath. Extremely consistent IF you follow two simple rules: Decap before anneal, keeps air pocket from forming inside case, and secondly, don't go too fast, the cases will cool the bath, so gotta give it time to maintain temp. If you go this route, I suggest getting a good controller with digital temp readout.

Old thread I know but I bought one at Creedmoor’s Black Friday sale. It is awesome!!! Super easy to use. Fast. It is all people say about it.

Will it pay for itself???? Only if you shoot a TON of precision rifle with maniacal attention to detail. Even Black Friday deal was not cheap. Don’t buy it to save money on brass in my opinion.

Why did I buy it? I am not an expert reloader by any means. I saw a review from a guy who was tired of chasing should bump with FL sizing and brass spring back. Drove him crazy. Drives ME crazy too. This is the review that loosened my wallet.

Did my first test this weekend. Out of a dozen 308 full length resizing of some Lake City brass after using the AMP…10 out of 12 bumped back exactly the same. One was .0005 different. And one was .0015 different.

More testing needed for sure but I am certainly impressed so far.

Worth the money??? Hard to say that. Worth it for OCD reloaders??? Maybe you could say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old thread I know but I bought one at Creedmoor’s Black Friday sale. It is awesome!!! Super easy to use. Fast. It is all people say about it.

Will it pay for itself???? Only if you shoot a TON of precision rifle with maniacal attention to detail. Even Black Friday deal was not cheap. Don’t buy it to save money on brass in my opinion.

Why did I buy it? I am not an expert reloader by any means. I saw a review from a guy who was tired of chasing should bump with FL sizing and brass spring back. Drove him crazy. Drives ME crazy too. This is the review that loosened my wallet.

Did my first test this weekend. Out of a dozen 308 full length resizing of some Lake City brass after using the AMP…10 out of 12 bumped back exactly the same. One was .0005 different. And one was .0015 different.

More testing needed for sure but I am certainly impressed so far.

Worth the money??? Hard to say that. Worth it for OCD reloaders??? Maybe you could say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations your going to love it. I started this thread a long time ago and wound up biting the bullet and buying the AMP. One of the best shooting/reloading purchases I have made.

Back
Top Bottom