• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ammo

Think ammo prices are going to skyrocket again?

• Yeah

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • I don't care because I stocked up last year

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
There's plenty of ammo out there. You can buy all you want in some cases. Norma had no limits on 55 grain ball .223 last week. I bought a couple of thousand rounds and it was here on Saturday.
I disagree for game hunting rounds. I work at one of the most busy Walmarts in GA and it's simply not coming in. And I go to Academy Sports 2 times a week and I can never find 243 or any of the major hunting rounds. Most the time I walk out empty handed. Paying resellers $40 for a box of 20 rounds is a better option than wasting time looking for it.

I disagree for game hunting rounds. I work at one of the most busy Walmarts in GA and it's simply not coming in. And I go to Academy Sports 2 times a week and I can never find 243 or any of the major hunting rounds. Most the time I walk out empty handed. Paying resellers $40 for a box of 20 rounds is a better option than wasting time looking for it.
I agree.

Also Walmart has been increasing their prices on their ammo. Federal Automatch series (325rd) 22LR has gone up in price three times this year. From $17.73, then to $18.73, then $21.16
A 20 round box of Remington Core-Lokt 30-06 hunting rounds (and other rounds like 308 and 243) use to be $19.83, then went to $21.22, then went to $24.94
This was all this year. I've been keeping track of it. I think the prices will go down to to their lower price points when deer hunting season is over. The average price for a 50 round box of 9mm brass rounds is $17.50 and that's the cheapest I've seen it (Blazers brand), and highest I"ve seen is Remington brand target rounds for $21-$22 a box. I think the price for 9mm will stay the same if not go up.

And people will message me and say I'm the bad guy for charging so much for ammo. I'll make $10 a box and the silver tips or gold premium stuff I usually will keep for myself unless someone wants to pay $15 more than what they retail for, otherwise I'll sell them. I usually hit up 5-6 different Walmarts on my way home from Atlanta seeking ammo and my time/gas factors into the price for what I sell my boxes for. The stuff just isn't coming in.

I'm just waiting for 30-30 ammo to get to $6 a round!!!.....Ammo seek already has some at over $5...this $45 a box for 30-30 ammo is silly

Back
Top Bottom