• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ammo

These days $.50/round for 9mm is the new normal. A small shop like DG&P is probably paying a good chunk of that markup to their distributors just to get it.

In previous ammo shortages producers only increased price if their component or labor costs went up significantly. It also seems like distributors tried to keep their markup pretty low as well, probably to keep their customers happy.

That doesn't seem to be true this time around.

I've had several folks with smaller shops across the US tell me that their prices at the distributor-level are at least 2-3 times what they were in 2019. Distributors claim they are being charged this by the manufacturers and are just passing it along, but it seems like everyone in the supply chain is going for all the market will bear.

With ammo, perhaps. I know that the prices of guns from the manufacturers, hasn't increased. Talked to several dealers who have said that point blank. They still charge pre-covid pricing for guns, because their cost hasn't changed. The dealers just adding $200 to the price, aren't doing it because their cost for the guns went up. They are doing it to maximize profits... Maybe they just want to take advantage... Or, maybe they don't have the volume these days and so have to increase the margins to keep the lights on... But some dealers aren't jacking prices up and those are the ones I choose to do business with, and I am lucky to live a short drive from 4 or 5 of them, and so I can typically get what I want, when I want it without having to pay through the nose for it.

39D657CC-9101-4A0E-A613-ABAB1365DCA7.gif

With ammo, perhaps. I know that the prices of guns from the manufacturers, hasn't increased. Talked to several dealers who have said that point blank. They still charge pre-covid pricing for guns, because their cost hasn't changed. The dealers just adding $200 to the price, aren't doing it because their cost for the guns went up. They are doing it to maximize profits... Maybe they just want to take advantage... Or, maybe they don't have the volume these days and so have to increase the margins to keep the lights on... But some dealers aren't jacking prices up and those are the ones I choose to do business with, and I am lucky to live a short drive from 4 or 5 of them, and so I can typically get what I want, when I want it without having to pay through the nose for it.

The new name cracks me up.
You're correct about guns and lgs.

To take it one step further, I got them all 10k primers to start them up (they of course paid me back). Hopefully this sprouts some new reloaders long term.

Back
Top Bottom