• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ammo Tumbler ~ Suggestions?

PewPewChris

Default rank <2000 posts
SpaceWrangler
2   0
Reaction score
I'm not buying a reloader until primers are readily available. I may get 1,000 from my father-in-law but that's TBD. I've been collecting my .223 and .40 brass for a little while now. I'm thinking why I wait for primers to come back around I could buy a tumbler and start getting my used brass cleaned and ready for loading when the time comes.

Suggestions on these?

Frankford Arsenal Quick-N-EZ?

Hornady M2?

Any others to consider based on yall's experience?

Most are all about the same. The Dillon is more expensive, but seems to run faster.

I have Frankfort Arsenal, it is the third one I have owned. The others died after long successful lives.

I have two for sale . Pm me if interested
20200616_144431.jpg
20200616_165911.jpg

for dry i would get the thumbler's tumbler ultra vibe 18. i been running one since 1982. just keeps on working. i dry clean pistol brass.

for wet i would get the frankford arsenal rotary case tumbler. been using one for several years and does a great job. i do wet cleaning with pins for all my rilfe brass,, after de-priming.

What media do y’all use for dry and wet? I hear walnut is good for dry, what about wet?

I use pins, dish soap, and lemi shine for wet. I dry them in a harbor freight dehydrator. Then tumbler them in corn cob. It’s labor intensive but damn they look good. I do huge quantities at one time so I don’t have to do it often. I use the Lyman Wet Tumbler.

For dry I use a mix of corn cob and walnut. With a dash of Nu Finish car wax. The walnut knocks the dirt off and the corn cob polishes. I get the corn cob in a giant bag from Grainger. And the walnut from harbor freight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom