• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ammo Shortage almost over?

This time next year we should see prices back around 2019 levels. Maybe even see dome being discounted.

If you think back to the 2013 shortage it took about 2 years to get back to where prices were before Sandy Hook.

Of course that's assuming the politicians don't cause another run on it by doing something stupid.
We printed more money in the last year than in the last 100 years. US made ammo is not coming down to 2019 prices. Steel cased imported, yes.

Bet you look sexy wearing it! Sub fit your profile, ore something else?
I didn't really buy a Rolex. If I need to know what time it is I just ask my wife. There's a clock on the stove.

I've had a couple over the years but the only watch I ever wore for any amount of time was a Timex Ironman. It had alarms on it.

Shipping cost from over seas have skyrocketed. Many importers have canceled orders or are just not buyin it all together. What use to cost 2k is now 14k or higher. I tried to get a 20 foot shipping container of 9mm. By the time i got it here it could buy it at academy .01 cheaper.

There are still supply chain issues across the globe. Not every ammo manufacturer in the US uses strictly US made components.

Couple those things together along with inflation and i promise you that you will not see pre 2019 pricing again. Things look OK right now at academy and some other retailers. The big guys who spend millions are still getting stuff because of their deep pockets, but its not the supply they had before.

Any type of political, social or supply issue that could happen could send the market back through the roof and cause retirees to be at academy at 4:30am waiting on one box again

Back
Top Bottom